C h a p t e r : 10

Ginuwine

November 1997

November 1997

I stared across the table at her as she played with the food on set. Me and a couple of others were making our cameo in then Luv 2 Luv ya Music video. I haven't seen liyah in a while so I wasn't gonna waste no time making my presence known. I'll admit I'm a bit salty and shouldn't even show my face since she turned down my date three times.

"Break!" The director shouted.

I dapped up the guy I was sitting next to and stood up. She was talking to Timbaland while I sipped some more of my drink.

Static came over and tapped my shoulder "Why you being so distant man? Ain't them ya peeps over there?"

I chuckled "Man you don't even know what went down, I'm kinda embarrassed"

"Why?" He curiously asked.

I sighed "Liyah rejected me way too many times bro" I shook my head "She said I seem like a nice guy but she don't view me in that light, ya know"

"So what you saying is she wouldn't want to be with you at all?" Him saying it made me fell a bit worse. I didn't say anything but nodded my head.

"Look ima tell you this, maybe the two of yawl just not that comfortable with one another yet" He paused "You gotta show her how Elgin is and not ginuwine, it's plenty of fish in the sea so you shouldn't be hooked to just her, but I'm not saying to just give up" he suggested.

I took in what he said because he was right. I get tuns of females throwing themselves at me and if I wanted them I can have em. It's just something about Aaliyah though that draws me to her, and I know I'm not the only guy that's head over hills for her.

Once I snapped out of my thoughts I saw static having a conversation with somebody els. I walked over to the rest of the crew and put my act on.

"I finally put the drink down to come speak" I said and hugged liyah, giving her a quick peck on the cheek. She tried to hit me but I moved away.

"You been talking on set all day, I think you was doing us all a favor by shutting the hell up for a minute" Tim picked with me and I waved him off.

"And stop kissing on me before I have to hurt you" Li said hitting me in the chest "Your lil ass can't take me" I bit my lip.

She rolled her eyes as she caught on to what I meant. Tim stood their like he didn't know what was going on.

"Yawl two love birds want me to leave?" He asked and then snickered.