The Girl That Doesn't Like Labels Calls Him Abercrombie (40)

"Does anyone know, who develpoed the Pythagorean theorem?" My algebra teacher asked. I was dreading this class. I always had. Though it was better with Sterling by my side. He was sitting in the desk next to mine. The desks were put together. We were holding hands underneath the desk.

"Uh...Einstein?" One of Symone's followers said stupidly as she was called on. I couldn't take it much longer.

"Pythagoras. Pythagoras developed it. It is the formula for finding the length of the hypotenuse of a right triange, and for those who don't know, the hypotenuse is the longest side, and the formula is A2+B2=C2. A and B are the measurements of the two known sides." I said and rolled my eyes at the stupidity of the rest of the class. I didn't speak up in class usually, I guess having Sterling near me was giving me a new sort of confidence. I was a whole different person when he was with me. A better version of the old me. I like this new me.

"Mr. Wright, anything to add?" Mr. Timms asked, I noticed Sterling had his hand raised.

"Yes sir, well you could also substitute the measurements of C and A to find Be, or C and B to find A. So technically you could find the hypotenuse, or one of the other sides." He said and then gave a shy smile.

"Very good you two. Keep up the good work Miss Summers, you two Mr. Wright." Mr. Timms said. The rest of class was pretty much cake. It was so easy, Sterling and I were done within five minutes and Mr. Timms allowed us to talk 'cause the rest of the class was still working. We talked. Sterling mostly. He explained that he had another little suprise for me. Last time he had a sister, what kind of relative is it this time? I wonder if this one's cute? Why does he give me his relatives as suprises? I was lost in my train of thought and Sterling snapped me back to reality. Litterally. He was snapping his fingers in front of his face, and that got my attention.

"Sorry." I said and blinked a few times.

"It's okay. Nice to know that I was completely boring you." He laughed.

"Sorry, I was just thinking-"

"Wow, did you hurt yourself?"

"Haha, very funny. Shut up. I was just thinking about how you like to give relatives as suprises. And how you told me you had another suprise and...yeah."

"Trust me babe, this next suprise is not a relative. Well...nope not a relative." He said and kissed my forehead. Just then the bell rang. As soon as we were dismissed to go to lunch, I went outside, followed by Sterling, and I called Taylor to check up on him. We talked for about a minute, he was okay. He would be back at school soon enough. After that Sterling and I got lunch and went and sat outside. My normal spot. Sterling's new normal spot. We were talking and laughing when I saw a football land right next to Sterling.

"Hey newbie, toss it back." One of the stupid football players called to Sterling.

"I have a name." Sterling stated instead of picking up the football. We were sitting under a tree, and I was leaning against it. I was facing the football idiots, and Sterling had his back to them. He just continued like nothing was happening.

"Hey, throw back the damn ball." The idiot sounded angry now.

"Maybe I will. Maybe I won't." Sterling said and turned around to look at the guy. "Why don't you come and get it yourself tough guy?" Sterling taunted.

"You wanna' go?" The football toughguy asked. He was really really mad now. Sterling picked up the ball just as the football idiot came over to us. Sterling threw it just before Mr. Football got to him. It went far and fast, and spiraled perfectly. Everyone was looking on, impressed.

"I was quarterback of my old schools football team." Sterling turned around quickly and told me. See, my man get's even better by the minute. A smart football player, who knew? Certainly not I.

I love all my fans and readers! Keep on reading, and help me get my story on the what's hot list! Don't forget to comment! -Nicole