Chapter 16: Sunday Funday

"So how long have you two been dating?" My sister asks.

I can feel myself going a little red, "Ah... about two weeks."

"So not long at all!" Erika pauses, "Didja fuck yet?"

I look back at her in shock, offended. "Erika!" A sheepish smile then emerges on my lips, "...Yes."

It is Erika's turn to be shocked as she looks back at me with her mouth agape. She then stops walking and pulls me into another hug. "Oh my God..." she murmurs, "Oh my God! Edie, congratulations!"

Now, I'm embarrassed. This is why I don't tell her things. "It's not a big deal, Erika."

"Oh but it is!" She lets me free as she continues with enthusiasm, "Far as I know, you're a virgin, and I know you wouldn't go all the way with someone you weren't 100 percent into. At least, that's how you come off." Erika shrugs, "Kazmir is so lucky! You must tell me everything!"

"Erika, I'm not going to disclose my sex life with you."

My sister looks at me, offended. "Okay... Well, was it good at least? I mean, are you satisfied?"

I roll my eyes, "If I say yes, will you stop asking about it?"

"No."

Sigh...What was I expecting?

"Yes, Erika, I am satisfied with my newfound love life. That's all you're getting."

She hugs me again, "I'm so happy for you. Again, you deserve someone who will treat you well!"

"Thank you." My smile is more genuine this time around and we continue our walk. Kaz and the others are way ahead of us, so my sister and I take it easy, talking about mostly nothing. It's kind of nice.

As we drift further away from the subject of relationships, I remember Erika's, or lack thereof? I don't know. I can never keep track of the men she's with. I always thought she'd be with her boyfriend from high school, but then she started talking about some big shot in England a few years ago. But when I saw her, she was with Wolfgang once more. And now? I shrug mentally at my own question and consider asking her. I mean, she prodded into my love life. It's only fair.

We are sisters after all.

"So," I begin calmly, "what's going on with you and Wolfgang? I thought you broke up long time ago?"

Erika's smile vanishes from her face and her lively, blue eyes dull. She looks away from me, her pace slowing. "We did..." she mutters.

"Then are you still with that guy in England?"

"No." Her tone is firmer than I expected.

"Oh." We go quiet and the awkwardness from before begins to grow. "Did something happen between you two? I mean, I saw Wolfgang with you not too long ago, and - -"

"It's over, Edith." Erika says tersely, as if not wanting to believe her own words. She comes to a stop, her fists clenched as she continues, "Wolfie - - Wolfgang and I aren't together anymore, and I broke up with Grant last year over the phone. I couldn't take it anymore."

Her last words are so soft, I almost missed them. I look at her with concern, "Couldn't take what anymore?"

"Him, the relationship, everything," she wrings her hands. Her gaze is still anywhere else but on me. "It just didn't work out, and I don't want to talk about it."

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have pressured you." Now it's my turn to look elsewhere, feeling guilty for prying.

"It's fine," Erika says with a sigh. "I mean, I bothered you about your sex life."