It ends here... (Sequel to Rise Against) {17}

Start from the beginning

"What you feel"

"I'm sorry. But.. I don't love you. I'm in love with.. Samantha" He told me.

"I'm sorry I told you all of that, I should have just kept it to myself. Goodnight" I left the kitchen.

"Penelope.." He called.

When I came out of the kitchen. I literally ran into Samantha. I stared at her wide eyed. I felt a tear fall on my cheek as I stared at her.

She didn't look confused. She just looked at me. Not angry. Now worried. Just. Surprised.

"I'm sorry" I whispered. Then ran upstairs to the bathroom and locked myself in..

(Samantha's POV)

I came inside after taking a walk around the yard. Its so peaceful out here. I can live here forever.

I smelled garlic when I walked in. Zack was cooking pasta with garlic bread and salad. I was almost to the kitchen door when I heard talking.

"What should I say?" I heard Zack asked.

"What you feel" I heard Penelope say.

"I'm sorry. But.. I don't love you. I'm in love with.. Samantha"

"I'm sorry I told you all of that, I should have just kept it to myself. Goodnight"

"Penelope.." Zack sighed.

Penelope ran out of the kitchen and into me. Weird. I thought I would be mad, sad, worried or scared. But I wasn't.

She had the guts to say that to Zack. What I'm guessing she said that she cares for him more then a friend or something.

I just stared at her. Shocked. Tears were clear in her eyes. And she was definitely scared.

Maybe she thought I was going to cuss her out or hit her.

"I'm sorry" She whispered. Then ran upstairs.

I blinked a few times then walked emotionlessly to the kitchen.

Zack had his head in his hands. Then saw me and sort of jumped. By the expression probably on my face. He knew I knew.

"Zack. I heard" I told him.

"I don't know what to say. I don't love her Sam" He said quickly.

"You do" I was surprised by how calm my voice was. I'm telling my fiancé that he loves another woman.

"No I don't"

"Zack. Who did you go to all of those times you had trouble? Me? No. Penelope"

"She's just my friend"

"Zack. I know you love her. I can tell. Or at least have feelings for her. You sometimes worry about her more then me"

"That's not true" He shook his head. But I could tell he wasn't as against what I said as he was.

I took the ring off of my finger. And handed it to him.

"Zack" Wow. I've said his name a lot. "Your having conflicting feelings. And maybe we need to take some time apart. Which I know is difficult living in the same house. But maybe you need some time to figure out who you really want to be with" My voice went up high on the last part.

He didn't say anything. I started to walk out of the kitchen. When he spoke.

"You should keep the ring. Its your great grandmother's" He whispered.

I took the ring from him and stuck it in my pocket.

I ran upstairs and into the other bathroom. The one in the hall was being used.