Chapter 16.

JACKS POV;

I slammed out of the tour bus, I didn't know where I was going or why I was going there, but I just needed to get away. My bestfriend, kissing my girlfriend? So much of me hoped it was some kind of joke, I wanted to go back to the bus and for them to say, "Jack! Alex wasn't even kissing Kayleigh, can you not even recognise your own girlfriend?" I knew that wouldn't happen though, because they were kissing. I didn't know who to be angry at, I was angry at myself, for not realising something was going on sooner. Why do people think they can treat me like that? I have feelings.

I stopped walking when I realised I was in the middle of a field, I looked behind me, I could still see the faint out line of the tour bus. I sat down and ran my fingers through the grass, after a while I layed back and looked up at the cloudless sky. Me & Kayleigh were meant to be spending the day together today, ha. I closed my eyes and thought about everything, after what seemed like hours someone sat down next to me. Someone does give a shit about me then. 

I didn't stir while I waited for them to say something, do something, anything. I had no idea who it was, but I knew who I wanted it to be. We sat there for a while and I heard a deep sigh then felt her small delicate hand in mine. It was her. She squeezed my hand.

"I'm so sorry." She whispered it, so quiet I'm surprised I heard it. I sat up next to her.

"Did he come on to you?" My voice sounded so flat, it even shocked me.

"I don't know." Her head was bent so I was looking at the back of her neck.

"Look at me, Kayleigh." She looked up and I saw her eyes welling.

"Shouldn't I be the one crying?!" I shot at her. She only nodded.  I went back to my original question. "Did he come on to you?" I saw her hesitating, clearly not wanting to put the blame on her precious Alex. Typical.

"I don't know, Jack, it just kind of.. happened." I shook my head when I realised our hands were still clasped together, I snatched mine away and she flinched.

 "I love you so much, Kayleigh" I whispered. She looked up at me and bit her lip. I laughed at myself, she was obviously going to say it back.

"I'm not right for you, Jack.  There's so many more girls out there that could make you so much happier than me."

"Do you remember when we first met? & I found you on the street--"

"Bet you regret that now." She said.

"Let me finish! I found you on the street, and I took you in, you were sleeping in the car,and  I was watching you. You suck your thumb when you sleep." She blushed. "I knew you were going to be in my life for a long time." I pulled her closer to me. "Remember when we nearly had our first kiss in the kitchen that time?" She cut me off and laughed.

"But the smoke alarmed ruined it!" She finished for me. I nodded.

"And the first time you sang to me in the car."

"We sang together as well." She nodded.

"And that night we went to that party, and we both got so drunk.."

"Yeah!"

"And then I woke up next to you and I remember thinking, This is how things should be."

"What are you trying to say, Jack?" She asked, I felt myself tearing.

"I don't want to let all that go."

"I can't stay with you, not after this."

"I can't let you go."

"You don't have to let me go, Jack! You're always going to be my bestfriend, my big brother, my special little snowflake." 

"Do you have feelings for him, Kayleigh?"

"Jack--"

"Be straight with me now, I deserve that much at least don't I?" I said, looking her in the eye, she nodded.

"Do you have feelings for Alex?" I asked. She nodded at me. "I'm not going to stand in the way of that."

"I don't want to ruin anything between you." She looked so serious I couldn't help but laugh.

"A girl could never come between me and Alex. You know that." I said, she looked kind of hurt. "Not even a special girl like you." I added, she smiled.

"You're the loveliest boy, I've ever met." She grinned and I stood up.

"Go back to the tour bus tell Alex then!" I laughed.

"You sure?"

"Positive" I nodded. "I only want to see my two bestfriends happy."  She hugged me tightly. and whispered into my ear.

"You'll always be my number one, no matter what." She paused. "& The one who took my virginity"

I pulled away shocked. "No way?!" She winked. "Why did you never tell me?" She shrugged her shoulders. "I could've make it better for you!"

"Jack, chill! It was fine, okay? Now come on, come to back to the bus with me?" She held her hand out I noticed she only her socks on. I raised my eyebrows.

"I ran out after you as soon as I realised you'd gone." She said shyly.

I picked her up and put her on my back.

"You fucking nutter Kayleigh Leigh James."

"Any thing for you, Jacky."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CONSIDERING ENDING IT HERE?! Tell me what you think?! Depends if you guys want me to do more..