Chapter 7.

I think this chapter is gonna be a little longer than the rest, hope you guys don't mind.

_______________________________________________________________________ 

I woke up the next morning utter starving. I rolled over onto my side to see a note on the pillow next to me.

Kayleigh,

Jesus, you're a late sleeper. I have to go out today while you and Jack drive down to see your mum, I hope everything goes okay, But I'd love to see you back.. ;). Jack's making pancakes for when you wake up, I'm making a fair bet you'll be starving.

Alex :)x 

P.s, I've left him instructions on how to make them, so they shouldn't poison you too badly. 

I melted, Alex was the cutest thing and he said he'd like to see me again, EEEEK.

I got up and looked out the window, and realised I was looking out into a massive garden, it was beautiful, there were a few sun loungers scattered around, I smiled to myself as I imagined Alex & Jack laying there, drinking beer together. It was a gorgeous day, it was going to be boiling, way to hot for a jumper. I put one of my Polo's one, I didn't have any bracelets to cover my scars, but since it was just me and Jack, and he'd already seen them, I had nothing to hide, right? I brushed my hair and headed downstairs. I could smell the pancakes as soon as I got to the top of the stairs, my tummy rumbled madly.

As I got to the kitchen I stood in the door way, Jack had his back to me singing some song to himself, shaking his bum in time to the music, I tried to restrain myself from giggling so he wouldn't hear me.

I crept up behind him and whispered in his ear.

"Lovely dancing there, Jack!"

He spun round and went bright red, then laughed.

"So look who decided to get up then!" He teased.

"Hey, I'm a girl who loves her sleep!"

"I can see that buddy." He winked at me, "Pancakes?!"

"Yes please!" I grinned, as a song came on the radio that I didn't recognise, but Jack perked up immediately

"OH MY GOD, I LOVE THIS SONG." He looked at my blank expression. "You don't know it?"

I shook my head as he mocked shock horror.

"Hm,  well do you care to dance?" I blushed slightly. "Aw, come on!" He grabbed my waist as I stood there.

"I really can't dance.." I mumbled, feeling embarrassed.

"What and you think I can?!" He spun me around. "If you don't dance, I'll tickle you until you're begging for mercy."

I laughed and took his hands, "Show me how it's done then."

"My pleasure."

We danced around the kitchen for ages, just enjoying each others company. As the song ended we stood there, chest to chest, with his hands still around my waist, while mine were clasped round his neck. We were both breathlessly laughing.

"I thought you said you couldn't dance?" He whispered.

"I could say the same thing to you.." I whispered back.

JACKS POV;

Standing that close to Kayleigh felt amazing, she was so perfect. We stood there for a few minutes eyes locked. I urged myself to be a man. "Just do it Jack.. don't be such a pussy." I took a deep breath and leaned into kiss her. She didn't move back or try to get away, she closed her eyes and went into kiss me back.

Kayleighs POV;

Oh my god, I was about to kiss Jack Barakat, Oh my god.

I could feels his fresh minty breath on my face as he came in closer. Just as our lips where about to touch a horrible whirling, beeping type noise filled the air. We both sprang back.

"What the fuck is that?!" I asked. Jack looked embarrassed as he ran over to the cooker.

"Fire alarm.. I left the pancakes in the pan.. and well um.." I laughed at him.

"Only you Jack." I grinned. He checked his watch.

"Hey, we're gonna have to leave soon, I haven't really got time to make anymore.."

"Oh that's fine."

"We could get a Mcdonalds breakfast on the way to see you mum?" He gave me this hopeful smile.

"That'd be perfect." 

"Well, I gotta go get a shower.."

"Yeah, I'll wait in the lounge for you.."

JACKS POV;

"Oh my jesus, Jack! That was your chance to kiss the girl and you left the bloody pancakes on the heat so the smoke alarm went off. Nice one twat head!" I cursed myself.

What would Alex say? I could imagine all to well.

I'd have to try again later.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, so it wasn't actually that long, ah, sorry guys! Hope you enjoyed it though. x