Chapter 14.

I stood in the wings of stage watching Alex sitting on his stall strumming his guitar. The crowd was quiet. 

Now this place seems familiar to him, she pulled on his hand with with a devilish grin, she led him upstairs, she led him upstairs, left him dying to get in.

His voice filled the room, it gave me goosebumps, it was so pure. Jack appeared at my side.

"You look beautiful." he said. I smiled at him and squeezed his hand.

"Thank you gorgeous."

"You nervous?" He asked. I nodded and he pulled me into a hug. "Don't be, you're great at singing, Kayleigh."

The neighbours said she moved away, funny how it rained all day. I didn't think much of it then, but it's starting to all make sense.

Jack kissed me and I got that same rush I always did. He pushed me gently towards the stage.

"Go, you'll be perfect, I promise." 

I walked out onto the stage, hoping I looked more confident than I felt, Alex smiled at me when he noticed I was standing that. I loved how into performing he got. It made me admire him so much. I picked up the mic Flyzik had left for me and waited for my part.

Oh, I can see now that all of these clouds are following me, in my desperate endevour to find my whoever, where ever she may be.

It was my time.. shit.

ALEXS POV;

I watched as Kayleigh took a deep breath and starting singing.

I'm not coming back, I've done something so terrible, I'm terrified to speak but you'd expect that from me. I'm mixed up I'll be blunt, now the rain is just washing you out of my hair.

Her voice filled the room, I think it overwhelmed her at first, but she enjoyed it I could tell. She smiled over at me quickly & continued singing.

And out of my mind, keeping an eye on the world, so many thousands of feet off the ground, I'm over you now I'm home in the clouds towering over your head. 

I finished the song and the crowd went mad, I loved it when I got an amazing response like that. Kayleigh went to walk off the stage.

"Where'd you think you're going?!" I said into my mic. She giggled and talked into hers, lucky she didn't make the same mistakes as Jack.

"I'm going to let you finish your set!" She said and I shook my head.

"No, come here first!" She walked over to me. I wrapped my arm around her. "This is mine and the band and crews good friend, Kayleigh. A lot of you probably know her already as Jacks girlfriend, but I bet you didn't know she could sing like that?!" The crowd erupted into cheers, she blushed madly, what a cutie.

"Awh, thank you guys, you're too kind!" She shrugged my arm off started to walk off stage again. "Now finish your set for your amazing fans! It's what they came for!"

KAYLEIGHS POV;

 As soon as I came off stage I was surrounded by people, they were all hugging me and patting my back, telling me I had done brilliant, I thanked them all but all I wanted to do was see Jack. I was looking around for him, then I realised he'd be back on stage. It really mattered to me what he had thought of my performance. Also lately I'd felt so bad, I'd been spending more time with Alex and Flyzik than I had him, it's not that I avoided him purposely, just that he was always off doing something when I wasn't, or I was doing something when he wasn't.

I went and sat on the squishy couch in their dressing room, I scrolled through my twitter, not even clicking onto my mentions. I quickly typed out a message.

Thank you so much for tonight guys, It was awesome, hope you enjoyed it as much as I did:-)xx

I didn't wait for any responses. Suddenly the door knocked. I jumped.

"Come in?!" I said. The door opened slowly, it took me a while to register it, but there she was. My bestfriend at the Chicago show. I screamed and practically jumped into her arms.

"SINEEEEEEEEAD, OH MY GOD" She hugged me tightly.

"Oh my god, I'VE MISSED YOU SO MUCH" She screamed back, we were both hugging eachother tightly in the middle of the corridor.

"I can't believe your here, I've missed you like a bitch!!" I was close to tears, I had missed her so much. She nodded.

"Yes, we have so much to catch up on!" She dragged me into the dressing room and shut the door. "Like you and Alex."

"What?! Don't you mean Ja--" She cut me off.

"No, Kayleigh. Alex." She raised her eyebrows. "I saw the way you looked at him when you were performing on that stage.. which was brilliant by the way!"

"Thankyou!" I smiled. Her face suddenly went serious.

"We still need to talk though."

Typical bestfriend.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------**I OWN NONE OF THE LYRICS USED, ALL BELONG TO ALL TIME LOW.**