1 | ➳ devil child

chapter 1:
devil child
☾ ☽

"this is extremely amusing"
i raise an eyebrow. "Why?"

"who'd ever thought you and I would be baby sitting a bunch of kids over the summer."

i roll my eyes. "Come on jeon jungkook. We need the cash so you know; we can... MAKE IT RAIN"

yea sorry, I'm a cringey person. I smack jungkook on the arm, hoping to make him laugh as I look into his eyes, seeing his face blank as I clear my throat, trying to pretend no one ever heard that.

"Oh my gosh heuri. Such a bad joke." He says as he picks up a little kid who seemed to want to squeeze jungkook's cheeks as I smile.

It has officially been.... er, 10 minutes? Since we had just worked at a small day care.

I needed the money and obviously, jungkook did not. But; as the lazy ass I am, trying to find a job that had involved less in moving and being able to just sit? I chose baby sitting.

I brought jeon jungkook so he could do all the work.

I watch jungkook embracing the cute little boy as I smile. "What's your name?"

He turns his head to the other side, still in jungkook's arms as he laughs. "He doesn't like you."

I frown. "I can see that."

I fold my arms, sighing deeply as children's screams continue to ring in my ears.

"Taehyung."

I widen my eyes, looking into jungkook's eyes. "Wha-what?"

Jungkook chuckles. "The boys name is taehyung."

I scoff. "Don't joke around jungkook. It's honestly not the time to talk about that idiot right now." I say as I look down at my clothes, fidgeting the small material on my clothes as he laughs.

"Heuri, I'm not joking. His name is taehyung." He says as I sigh.

Jungkook frowns at me as I clench my jaw, looking towards the window.

"I thought you were fine? You said you're feeling better now." Jungkook says as he shifts his seat closer to me as I sigh. "I thought I was too."

Jungkook sighs as I could feel myself in deep pain. I wanted jungkook to talk to me and comfort me when suddenly a little devil child started to create marks on my face.

"Yah!" I shouted as three little kids starts to laugh at my face. "You three little pigs, I'm gonna eat you!" I shout as I stand up, chasing them around.

I eventually thought they were laughing but in the end, they were scared of me and were crying the whole way.

Yeah, I'm extremely bad with kids.

The day eventually went by as we got fired the same day. Well, I did but I was not going to allow jungkook to work by himself and keep all the money.

After the daycare, we start to walk; heading towards the cafe as we walk side by side.

"Mind if I ask you something?" Jungkook suddenly speaks up as I turn my head towards him, nodding.

Jungkook clears his throat. "why do you always fake your feelings? Pretending... everything is okay but it's not?"

I look down my feet, feeling my sigh quaver as I smile softly. "Because I rather believe that I'm fine instead of thinking I'm not. So, I say that I'm fine."

Jungkook sighs deeply. "It's okay if you're hurt. That's a part of life."

I frown as I stop in the middle of the pathway causing jungkook to stop. "The thing is, taehyung has hurt me so much that I'm used to it."

Jungkook frowns as he places his hands on my shoulders. "Why do you still love kim taehyung? He's hurt you so many times."

I place my hands through my hair, holding in my tears. "I don't know. I'm an idiot, you know that"

I stare deep into jeon jungkook's eyes, desperately wanting my tears to not fall, to not show jeon jungkook that I was hurt at this moment.

Suddenly, he pulls me towards him as I feel his embrace. "Do not bother holding on to that thing that does not want you, ok? You cannot make it stay. You have to let him go."

I shut my eyes, feeling my tears fall as he lets go.

He gives me a soft smile. "It's time you learn to love someone new."

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
woop woop!

i want to apologise for not having
taehyung talk AT ALL in this chapter.

juicy part comes later ;)

but big thanks for reading
this book and I will update asap.

— love, author-nim