Seventeen

"You never told me about what happened to my mother," Alex uttered as she sipped on the tea Hyunjin had made her. "I mean, Suzy's mother. You said she was killed from something she didn't do but what was it?"

Hyunjin sighed as he sat beside her on his couch.

"She was blamed for my father's death."

"Oh...I'm sorry you had to lose your father. How did he die anyway? And how do you know she didn't kill him?"

"Because I know who killed him. And besides, Suzy's mother was in love with my father.

"She was? I didn't know that part of the story-"

"Of course you didn't, everyone leaves it out."

"Why?"

He sighed as he ran a hand through his long dark locks of hair.

"Depends who you hear it from. Some just say it because that's what everyone else says, others have deeper stories behind why they leave that part out."

"Like who?"

"The First Queen. She was the one who made the rumours up. She always had a feud with Suzy's mother, in fact there was a feud between both of the families. It always confused how despite everything Eunbyul and Suzy still managed to be close friends."

"So they actually were close? I thought Eunbyul was just making that up!"

"Yeah, they were friends, alright. But the two of them together was a dangerous pair. The two of them together are the reason I had to run away from the palace. But they didn't last much long after my departure. After all, Eunbyul's mother did kill Suzy's."

"Wonderland is such a confusing place. How do I know you aren't lying to me right now?"

Hyunjin chuckled a bit as he place his cup of tea on the nearby coffee table and leaned closer to Alex.

"Would I lie to you?" He asked.

It was a tease and Alex was aware of it.

"Of course you would, stupid," she chuckled as she flicked him away. "Just about ten minutes ago you aid you would like if it meant getting me on your side."

"I didn't say lie, I said exaggerate."

Alex rolled her eyes.

"And what exactly is exaggeration?"

"I like to think of it as the extended truth."

"Oh come on, Hyunjin. Just admit it, you would like to me."

He shrugged.

"Yeah, I would. But you're in Wonderland, after all. No one will ever tell you the complete truth. You just have to pick who you want to believe and who you don't."

"In that case, I want to believe Seungmin."

Hyunjin thought for a moment.

"Wow, for the first time ever, you actually made a good decision."

"Oh, shut up, Hyunjin," Alex rolled her eyes playfully. "Besides, shouldn't you be trying to make me believe you?"

"I should but that's your decision. Do I look trustworthy to you?"

"Do you want an answer? Or is my tone saying enough?" She replied sarcastically.

"I think I got the message...but honestly, Seungmin is a good person to trust. He might just be the only innocent person in the royal family. You made a good choice."

"Seems you are very fond of him," Alex smiled.

"I am. He's always been the best prince in my eyes, though he would beg to differ."

"Oh my gosh, this is so cute! If phones actually existed in Wonderland I would so take a video of this to watch when I felt down."

Hyunjin rolled his eyes.

"Whatever. It must be passed midnight by now, you should head back."

Alex pouted.

"But I hate that place. Can't I just stay for the night?"

"Not smart. The royal family would hold a search party for you and eventually find this place. You need to go back. Now."

"Oh come on! I'm so tired I can barely walk."

"Alex," Hyunjin warned. "You need to go."

She sighed.

"Fine, but I'm coming back tomorrow and the day after that and maybe the day after that."

He chuckled.

"Feel free, I'm always here."

"Good...do you ever get tired of eating fruits, berries and vegetables all the time?"

He cocked an eyebrow.

"What are you getting at?"

"Nothing...okay fine, I wanted to bring you something as maybe a thank you gift."

"Thank you for?"

"Telling me more about this place than anyone else...even though you still only tell me a little bit."

He chuckled.

"Look, there are reasons behind my actions, okay? Eventually you'll know everything. Just not yet."

"Don't worry about it. I'm used to hearing from those words. Anyway, I think I'll get going now. Goodnight," she waved.

He smiled sweetly at her before returning the favour.

"Goodnight."

With that, she left, leaving Hyunjin alone in the cottage basement.

"Man," he sighed, running a hand through his hair and biting his bottom lip. "Why isn't anything going to plan?" He sighed once again."Is it  Alex or the curse?" He asked himself as he collapsed onto his bed, staring up at the ceiling. "I can't tell anymore."

It feels like it's been too long since I last updated so here's an update. How is already May though? I planned to finish this story by the end of this month but the chances of that happening are looking pretty slim already. Maybe I'll just remove some chapters and add it to the second story...

Anyway, I've been quite busy lately (gosh, I really hate school) but hopefully that will all end soon.

Oh and one of my friends published the first few chapters of her first book on Wattpad so I would really appreciate it if you checked it out and have it some love.

It's not a fanfic but it's really good, like honestly I was surprised.

Her account is:

moonchxldd

Please, please, please check it out.

Thanks for 10+K on my stories 'Taurus' and 'Day5', 17+K on '143 Flowers' and almost 3K on this story. Also, thanks for over 200 followers. I love you guys so much!

Goodnight (or good morning, afternoon or evening, depending on where you are)

~Sleepy SpicyThaiChicken