Eleven

But 'soon' wasn't soon enough.

Eunbyul was ignoring Alex and the large castle with over a hundred inhabitants felt empty again.

Alex sighed as she stared out at the sunset, which she had to admit was way more impressive than the sunrise.

"Are you okay?" Seungmin asked, taking a seat beside her as he stared at her, concern evident on his face.

"Yeah, I'm fine," Alex sighed.

What was the definition of 'fine'? Was it feeling normal? Or was it feeling generally okay with life?

Why does it matter anyway? Either way, you are not fine. And you know that all to well.

"Are you sure?" He asked, as if being able to hear her thoughts.

Alex looked down at her knees.

She hated hearing that question more than anything in the world.

It hurt her enough to lie once but twice was just testing how long she could keep up her act.

She glanced at Seungmin, taking account of his blatant worry.

Could she trust him?

He stared intensely into her eyes, innocence radiating off of him as he waited patiently for her response.

She wanted to trust him. But couldn't.

Eunbyul had tricked her into thinking she was innocent yet she knew more than Alex would have ever thought.

What if Seungmin was the same?

What if he was hiding something?

Alex found herself chuckling bitterly at that thought.

Everyone in Wonderland was hiding something...even her.

"I'll take that as a 'no'," Seungmin spoke up as he gazed at the sunset.

"Wait...what? No, I mean yes, I mean no. Argh, I'm sure, okay? I'm sure I'm alright!"

He chuckled a bit.

"Then why did you hesitate? And why do you seem so nervous?"

"I...fine, you caught me out, happy?"

"Why would I be?"

"I don't know, it's just that," Alex sighed as she looked back down at her fingers. "Everyone just seems to like seeing me upset...that's why they always leave me, I guess."

Seungmin furrowed his eyebrows.

"They always leave you?"

Alex shook her head upon realising it was possibly something she shouldn't have said.

"Nevermind."

"Suzy, please."

"Don't call me that."

"Wait what? I shouldn't call you Suzy? Why not? I'm so confused right now."

"Welcome to the club."

"No, seriously Suzy. What are you on about?"

"I said don't call me that!" Alex shouted, feeling frustrated at the innocent act everyone played. "You know my name isn't Suzy so stop calling me it!"

Seungmin was taken aback by both her words and the fact she had shouted at him.

"Th-then what's y-your name?" He asked quietly, hoping it would soften her tone.