Thirteen

Hyunjin sighed as he stared down at the cup of hot tea.

Stealthily, he glanced around the room before pulling a potion bottle out of his pocket and spilling half of its contents into the cup.

He hated using his potions when they were never part of his plan but he knew this time it was crucial. He needed to get her to forget everything.

Shoving the bottle into his pocket, he couldn't help but feel guilty for his doings.

It wasn't Alex's fault. She was simply dragged into a case she never asked for. Why? Because he wanted his revenge, because he wanted them to learn their lesson.

"So, are you going to spend the rest of the day staring at the cup of tea?" Alex's voice came from behind, snapping him out of his thoughts.

He decided not to say any witty remarks since she was already going to be the one suffering. Instead, he headed to the nearest table and placed the two mugs down.

To his expectation, Alex grabbed the mug with the potion and took a seat opposite him, anticipating what he had to say but nothing came from his lips.

"Are you planning to speak or are you going to continue staring at me like I'm an idiot?"

He sighed.

"I can't tell you."

"What do you mean you can't tell me? Speak Hyunjin. I'm not going to continue letting you trample all over me. Tell me what the heck is going on right now!"

Hyunjin winced at the rage laced around each of her words and couldn't help wishing she would just drink her tea already.

"Look, it's too early-"

"Stop with this stupidity! Tell me what the eff is going on! I don't care if it's confusing or not! Just speak!"

"Woah, just calm down Alex, okay? Just drink some tea or something, calm yourself down."

"I don't want to drink tea!" Alex yelled as she flung the cup of the table, letting it shatter as it came in contact with the hard ground.

Hyunjin stared at the thousands of pieces of clay lying on his floor in utter horror.

His chance, his possibly only chance of making things return to how they should be was lying in the ground. He missed his chance.

"Speak Hyunjin! You have a mouth so speak! I know you can!"

"Why are you like this?" He asked, starting to grow frustrated himself.

"Why am I like this? Well let me see, you brought me to gosh-knows-where, made me look like an idiot in front of the whole royal family, made me more confused than I should be, you won't tell me anything, and you expect me to be okay with this?"

"You won't understand!"

"Just shut up about that! You think I care? I just want answers whether I understand them or not!"

Hyunjin sighed as he stood up from the table.

"You don't get it," his voice was stern as he stared down at Alex, intimidating her more than she would like to admit. "I can't."

"Why not?" Her tone was much more calm but still showcased her frustration.

He sighed once again as he began to head to the potion room.

"Why not?" She shouted now, but it wasn't out of anger, Hyunjin noticed, it was out of desperation. "Why can't you tell me?"

Hyunjin wrapped his hand around the cold doorknob, unable to look back at Alex.

"Because you were never supposed to be involved."

***

After relieving his stress through making some potions for hours, Hyunjin finally left the small room only to find Alex asleep on his couch.

He chuckled a bit and how slightly snored and crinkled her nose.

He approached her and pushed a loose strand out of her face before smiling.

"I'm sorry," he whispered despite knowing Alex wouldn't be able to hear. "Sorry for everything. I shouldn't have dragged you in and I'm sorry. You have the right to know everything that's going on but I just...can't tell you. Why? Because I'm scared of what you'd think of me...but I swear it's not my fault."

He sighed before cursing under his breath.

Why was he even continuing with his apology? She would just wake up and hate him. He messed up. He was supposed to get her on his side but he effed that up.

"I'm an idiot," he uttered. "I'm such an idiot. And I'm sorry for that. Just don't forget...I'm not the one at fault," he huffed. "They are."

Short chapter, I know but I just felt the need to update since I barely did the whole week, and besides more exams are coming up in like 3 weeks, I guess. Yes, teachers hate my class. Gosh, and I'm not even that old! Literally, I'm only 14 and I have more exams than my older sisters! I'm so sick and tired of exams.

But during the break I have, I'm going to write as many chapters as I can so I can post regularly, even when I'm doing exams. Because I read a lot of stories on Wattpad and I get so frustrated when a story isn't updated in a while, especially when it ended on a cliffhanger.

Also, just a rant about the Science Olympiad and just my terrible weekend in general you can skip if you can't be bothered to read. The competition was so clearly fixed since the school which held it was participating so clearly the won all the prizes. I'm so annoyed. I did not travel two hours to the place just for a biased competition. Not to mention their poor time management. The competition was supposed to end at five pm yet it ended at half nine so we took another two hour journey back to my school where my parents were supposed to pick me up. My parents were freaking out because it was midnight and they had no idea where I was. But I got home alright. The next morning my year had a meeting at school for an introduction to IGCSE and it started at eight a.m so I had to get up early despite wanting to just lie in bed all day. Then there was a Chinese cuisine buffet at school that I stayed for because I mean free food. But I got home at around five p.m, had a pounding headache yet still had to do school stuff. Literally today was the closest to a rest day despite having to study and do homework because teachers in my school are merciless.

Anyway, that's the end of my rant, hope you found it even more interesting than the original story 😂😂😂.

~Tired SpicyThaiChicken