Five

Alex sat behind the antique wooden desk, balancing a quill on her nose out of boredom.

It's been four hours, Alex, and you already screwed up.

Half of the royal family already hates you.

"So, I guess the misfortune of life follows me no matter where I am," she huffed when the quill fell to the ground.

She should have been writing letters to her town's people, but she knew nothing about them, about the circumstances, about what is needed. Heck, she only found out she had a town an hour ago and still doesn't even know the name of it.

"Here's your tea, Your Highness," her main servant announced as he placed the mug on her table after being gone for about five minutes. "Any progress with the letters? Or are you still struggling?"

Alex huffed.

"There's still nothing."

"How about I try helping then? I visited the town last night and heard some of the complaints."

Alex smiled. She was happy she had a main servant because he seemed like the only person who actually treated her like she wasn't some confused girl. But then again it was his job, wasn't it?

Something about him reminded her of Mark. Maybe it was the fact he wouldn't let her just sink into the ground and was willing to help her until she could help herself.

And she felt bad again.

She was a burden to him. She was a burden to everyone in the castle.

And once again, she was a burden to her brother.

You just can't escape it, can you?

All the misfortune? It just radiates off you.

Your parents should have just killed you when they still could.

Alex huffed. Words couldn't explain how much she hated her self-conscience. She knew and agreed with everything the voice said but actually hearing it killed her.

"Are you alright, Fourth Princess? I mean, I know about your amnesia but..."

"Can you tell about who I am? I mean, who I used to be? Please, I don't want to be confused. I want to know."

The horse tensed up.

"Sometimes it's better to not know...I remember when I was a foal I used to want to know all of the secrets hidden in the castle, everyone did. It was strange. Everything seemed so beautiful, yet the worse things would happen. When I was chosen as one of the main servants was when I realised how dark everything is in the castle. I spend my nights wishing I was still clueless...but of course, if you really want to know I can tell you all I can."

Alex heaved a sigh.

"Who was my mother?"

"Your mother?" he asked, sadness evident on his face but then he began to smile. "Your mother, Yang Jisoo, the Fourth Queen, she was a beautiful woman both inside and out. She was much like you...I mean, like you used to be. A very humble lady, she was. She put everyone else's needs before her own. Everyone loved her. The King, well, he was madly in love with her. She was perfect."

"But where is she?"

His smile left and a tear rolled down his cheek.

"She died."

"How?"

He gulped, shaking his head rapidly as he wiped his tears.

"I have told you too much already-"

"You've barely told me anything, though."

"But it's more than you should know."

"Please, tell me more."

"No," he shook his head. "I need to go."

"Main Servant!"

He ignored her screams as he rushed to the door and left.

Alex stared at the door in utter confusion.

Well done, Alex. You drove him away too.

"Shut up, conscience," she scolded the voice.

"Conscience?" A feminine voice asked from behind Alex, making her turn around quickly to see Yeji. "You even talk to yourself now? Wow, what did that illness do to you?"

Alex sighed.

"I don't even know...why are you here by the way?"

"Oh, uhm, I just wanted to say sorry for how I spoke to you. I should have been more understanding to your situation."

Alex shook her head.

"I get it. I'm a burden to everyone, even myself."

"No, you aren't."

"Yes, I am. Everyone just gets fed up with me easily and everything."

"No one's fed up with you...just jealous."

"Why would anyone on planet earth be jealous of me?"

Yeji furrowed her eyebrows.

"Did you just say 'planet earth'? What exactly is that? This illness really got to your head, didn't it? Now you are making things up...and besides, we are all jealous because you forgot everything that happened in the past half a decade."

"What happened?"

She shook her head.

"Not in my place to say."

"Who can I ask then?"

"The First Queen...but don't. You do not want to mess with her."

"Got it."

"But I mean, you could ask me other questions. I saw your Main Servant walk out on you."

"Could you tell me about what happened to mother?"

"No, sorry. And I can't tell you much about what happened in the past five years in detail."

Alex sighed.

"Okay, fine. I have one other question."

"What is it?"

"This morning when everyone was introducing themselves, there wasn't a Fifth Prince...why not?"

Yeji tensed up a bit with a sigh.

"Why do you always ask the awkward questions?"

"Sorry, it's actually what I'm best at."

Yeji chuckled a bit.

"As I said before, I can't tell you the details. He disappeared one day, and no one has seen or heard of him since. He's probably dead at this point."

"Oh...but what made him disappear?"

"Something...odd happened to him."

"Something you can't say?"

"Yep."

Alex sighed as she ran a hand through her hair.

"Can I at least know his name?"

Yeji nodded.

"Don't see why though, but his name was Hyunjin. Hwang Hyunjin."

Guys, I'm literally in tears! I don't want BamBam to go to the Thai army! I want him to stay with GOT7. 😭😭😭

I hope he gets a black card. I don't know what I'd do if he leaves! It's not GOT7 without him, same goes for the other members. An do just can't imagine them without their meme boy!