Three

NOTE: The words in italics are Alex's conscience

Alex woke up panting heavily as she covered her eyes with her shaky hands. She recalled everything that had happened from when she met Hyunjin to when he drugged her.

She died.

She was dead.

Yet here she is.

Alive.

Slowly, she uncovered her eyes to gaze around an unfamiliar room. Four pale beige walls enclosed her in the spacious room and a large window overlooking the outdoors stood eight whole metres away from where was on the bed.

There was nothing more to the room rather than the king bed, a bedside table and two doors; a smaller one than seemed to lead to a bathroom and a larger one that lead to a corridor.

Alex gazed around the room once more before noticing a rope lying in the middle of the floor. She furrowed her eyebrows but dared not to think too much about everything.

With great hesitance, she finally managed to pull herself out of the fluffy white sheets and tip toe her way to the gigantic window.

Her jaw dropped.

Orange, yellow, baby blue and lilac coloured trees stood proud in a garden full of various beautiful but unfamiliar plants and flowers. There were golden brick paths all around the garden and on them were horses, donkeys, llamas, dogs, cats, yaks and alpacas that walked on their hind legs. Colourful buildings could be seen in the east, right at the horizon and in the west was a large body of water which had ducks, geese and small aquatic animals swimming or floating in it. The sun shone brightly on every part of the land, making it that more mesmerising.

Alex placed her hand on the cold glass and stared in utter awe.

Suddenly, the larger door opened, making Alex immediately spin around. A white horse stood before her on his hind legs.

"Your Highness," he spoke with a wide grin, displaying his perfect rows of teeth.

Alex's jaw dropped once again as she stared at the horse.

"How are you feeling today? Is the illness better?"

She didn't respond. I mean, who would? A horse standing on his hind legs was speaking to her as if all of this, everything about this situation was normal.

You're dead, Alex. You finally did it. You're dead.

Alex nodded her thought. She, indeed, was dead. So that made this...heaven?

"Your Highness?" the horse interrupted her thoughts as he waved a hoof in front of her face. "Should I call the main doctor again? You seem paler than usual."

"Y-y-yeah...s-sure, g-go ahead," she stammered and the horse walked out, closing the door behind him.

Alexandra turned to the window once more.

"This really is heaven..." she said with a smile before jumping up and down while squealing like a child but immediately stopped when the door opened.

The white horse from before entered along with a dark and old yak. He has small round glasses about his eyes and a book in his left hand.

"Your Highness," he bowed.

"Uhm...hello?" Alex tried to play along as she clutched onto the elegant white nightdress she had been wearing and curtsied.

"It is very good to see you up and well, Fourth Princess...but I must say, your main servant was right, you are looking rather pale."

Alex narrowed her eyes in confusion.

"My what?"

"Your main servant," the yak repeated as he gestured to the white horse.

"I have a main servant?" She asked, excitement taking over her. "That's awesome!"

The yak frowned as he gestured for the white horse to leave so he could have a one-on-one talk with her.

"I want to ask you some questions, Fourth Princess. Please allow me to do so," he spoke.

Alex nodded.

"You seem...how do I say this...a bit off today. Is there something wrong with you, Suzy. You can always tell me, you know that."

Alex furrowed her eyebrows.

Did he just refer to you as Suzy?

It was clear that there was something odd about everything going on. Maybe she wasn't in heaven...but then where was she? And why was she constantly referred to as Fourth Princess?

Alex tried to read through the lines, make sense out of the whole situation but it proved impossible. She didn't have enough clues, enough hints. Where was she and why was everything so odd?

"Fourth Princess," the yak's wise voice snapped her out of her thoughts.

"Huh?" she responded.

"Are you alright?"

No, I'm not. I'm so effing confused. Could you by any chance just tell what the frickin' heck is going on?

Who are you? No, what are you?

What is going on and where am I?

Who is Suzy? And why am I the Fourth Princess?

"Yep," Alex smiled. "Better than ever."

Way to go, Alex to effed up your only shot.

The yak nodded though not convinced, he knew something about her was odd, not right but he didn't want to press her further.

Alex wished he would though. She wanted answers. She wanted to know what was going on.

She watched as he approached the door, trying to think up some believable excuse until finally he opened the door.

"I have amnesia," she blurted, making the wise yak pause.

"I beg your pardon, your Highness."

"I have amnesia. I...I can't seem to remember anything."

The yak turned to her with a knowing smile.

"You underestimate my knowledge, Suzy. I knew all along. It was just a matter of whether you were free enough to tell me or not."

Alex furrowed her eyebrows.

"Huh?"

He shook his head to tell her not to bother herself.

"I'll tell the rest of the royal family about your condition. They'll continue from there. Goodbye, Fourth Princess," he bowed and then he was gone.

How's this story so far? Because I feel like the first few chapters are really boring...

Thank you for the support I am receiving for this story. I love you guys so much <3

~SpicyThaiChicken