Chapter 3: His Plan

Hanji's POV

I lazily sit on my bed and grabbed my glasses at my bed side table. As I adjusted my eyes, I looked at the clock which says 5:45 am. My work starts at 7 in the morning so I got plenty of time to prepare. And maybe I should make a good impression by coming early today.

I went out of my bed and headed directly to the showers to take a quick bath. After a few minutes, I got out of my bathroom. Still dripping and naked, I grabbed a towel. That is when I felt my stomach grumble.

With a towel wrapped around my body and another one lazily draped at my dripping hair, I went to the kitchen to look for something to eat. I opened the fridge and only found a muffin with a small bite at the side and a bottle of ketchup. I opened the freezer but what welcomed me is a container of meat and a frozen bottle of water. The crisper only have packs of carrots and potatoes.

I groaned and just grabbed the muffin. It looks like it is still okay. Plus, I don't have the guts to cook right now.

I ate the muffin while leaning at the kitchen counter. "Something smells bad" I frowned and swallowed the last bite of my muffin as I sniffed around. I went around the kitchen until I reached a pot resting at the stove. I opened it and choked at the smell. That was the dish that Nanaba made for me a few days ago. I can't believe that I already forgot about that!

I sighed. "Oh well. I'll just clean that tomorrow since I don't have work during weekends". I said, swallowing the last bite of my muffin.

After I filled my stomach with the muffin, I went back to my room to get my clothes. I put it on and grabbed my coat and bag. I then went to the door where found a chair and a box against it. Thats when I remembered the events last night.

Damn chibi.

I pulled the chair making the box fall down. I paid no attention to another mess that I just did and opened the door. But the thing is, it can't be pushed open. It is like it has something against it from the outside.

"Something might have been stucked at it again" I groaned and pushed it with all my might. When I finally opened it, I heard something fell down so I quickly checked it. In my shock, I found an unconcious man in front of my door. It is the same chibi last night.

Did he slept in here?

I suddenly felt guilty. I didn't know that he was serious about not having a house to stay at. And if he really slept outside last night, I bet that he is freezing since it was unbelievably cold.

I sighed. "Just for today Hanji." I told myself as I leaned down and grabbed the man's arm to lift him up from the cold ground. "Heck!" I let out a breath. "For a small guy, you are quite heavy"

I put his arm around my shoulder and circled my other arm at his waist as I slowly walked inside. Carefully, I carried him to my room and put him on my bed. I wrapped my blanket on him and turned on my heater.

"Get yourself comfortable for now. Cause when I come back from work, you'll be out of here" I said and catched my breath. He on the other hand just frowned in his sleep which made me smile a little. Even when he is asleep he makes that face.

I went out again to grab his stuffs and put it inside my apartment before I locked the door again and went to my office. I don't know what has gotten into me to let a stranger sleep at my apartment while I am at work. But I just can't help but feel the need to let him in.

A bus stopped in front of me. I went inside and sat near the window. As I think about what I'm gonna do and say to the man later to kick him out of my apartment (for real), I realized that I forgot to brush my teeth.

Levi's POV

I woke up feeling comfortable and warm. Definitely the opposite of how I was last night, freezing and uneasy. That shitty glasses. Can't she even sense how much I plead last night? As far as I can remember, I'm a man who holds onto his pride but I denied all of my ideals for a temporary housing. That is the first time that I threw my pride away and begged. Damn. I even lied about being gay just to let her allow me to stay.

As I sat up of the bed, I looked around the room and frowned. I don't remember being in this room before. And if I said earlier that I don't feel uneasy, well I do now. Not because I woke up from a stranger's room but because this place is so messy. Clothes and shoes are scattered on the floor and books are lazily placed on the shelves making it look very disorganized. Dust dominates the whole room and have i already mentioned the crumpled paper that accumulated at the desk?

What kind of person stays in here? Cause definitely, I can't bear to live even a minute in this kind of room.

I stood up from the bed and walked out of the room. If I said that the room was messy, well outside of it is hell. It almost look like a dump site rather than an apartment. I took a step out but was stopped when I stepped onto something. It is my stuffs. How did it get in here? Or rather, how did I get to this place? I closed my eyes to think for a second.

"For a small guy, you are quite heavy"

"Get yourself comfortable for now. Cause when I come back from work, you'll be out of here"

"That four eyes brought me here" I said in realization. So she is good after all. I might just have startled her last night which is why she threw me out. But maybe I can still convince her to let me stay.

I looked around the apartment. It will take a lot of effort on making this look more like a house again but if it is all that it takes for me to have a place to stay to, then I'll be more than willing to clean this shitty apartment.

I opened my bag and grabbed myself a white hankie, the one I usually use when I clean.

Clean her house. Prepare her a dinner. Give her a good impression. Make her think that you are not a bad guy (tell her that you are gay in other words). Then make her agree in your conditions. That is my plan for me to have a temporary housing. And I won't give a damn even if the second to the last way that I formulated kills me.