Chapter 11: Encounter

Levi's POV

I was fucking seen just now. BY. MY. FORMER. COLLEAGUE.

I hissed while entering Hanji's room. Never have I thought that this woman is close to them. So does it mean that the friend she was talking about is Nanaba? Well congratulations to them and unfortunately for me. I tried blocking every single contact I had with my previous friends and work mates but it seems like the world is really too small for me to run from. How I really wish to I disappear in here and to leave no trace about myself.

As carefully as possible, I placed the sleeping Hanji in her bed. I leaned towards her, removing her coat, and leaving her in her black long sleeves.

"Le..vi?" I stopped and looked at the sleeping Hanji. Her cheeks is still red, most probably because of the alcohol she just drank, and her sleeping expression just made her look less shitty. She's more peaceful this way.

A small smile crept to my face

A small smile crept to my face. I removed her glasses which was placed at her forehead, putting it at the bedside table. Then I moved towards her feet, removing her shoes and socks.

"Don't drink so much if you can't handle yourself shitty glasses" I said, finally placing her blanket over her. Hanji's lips curled into a smile and for a few more minutes I just sat at the edge of her bed, observing her. It is not everyday that you see this woman being awfully quiet and calm after all.

To be honest, I never had any experience on dealing with woman aside from Petra so shitty glasses is quite a new challenge for me. Unlike my ex girlfriend, this woman is immature as if she always needed assistance in almost everything. She is also too annoying to handle, but too kind to fool. As I stayed with her under the same roof, I am slowly realizing how awful as a person I am. I just lied to a good woman just for my own benefit.

I brushed a few strands of her hair from her forehead, taking a last glimpse of her face before standing up. I already did a huge mistake and all that I have left to do is to face its consequences. Nanaba and Mike are one of them that is why I'll have to meet them tomorrow to explain my side. I just hope that it will go well.

"Good night" I muttered, turning off the lights. I returned to my own room, falling asleep a few minutes after I settled hpmyself on the mattress.

~*~

11 am. I heard a few stumbling in Hanji's room and a couple of curses. Then her room door opened revealing a very shitty woman.

"Morning" I said as soon as I saw her. She, on the other hand just walked towards the counter with her back crouched and her face crunched up. When she reached the counter, she immediately put her head down on it and sighed.

"This headache is killing me" Hanji whined accompanied with a groan.

"You shouldn't have drank too much" I said, setting a bowl of chicken noodle soup in front of her. She raised her head when she noticed the food.