Training Grounds

It felt absolutely freezing outside considering a storm was blowing like crazy. Yugo and I followed behind Adamai, using our portals to not stray behind.

"So where are we actually going?" Yugo asked as we came across a cliff.

"We're going to the south!" Adamai replied before transforming into a giant bug like creature.

"Whoa! Cool!" Yugo gasped.

"Yeah..." I said quietly, mostly disturbed by his new appearance. It wasn't anything against him, I just really don't like bugs.

"Want a ride?" Adamai asked.

Yugo glanced over at me and then smiled, "Yeah!" He said, grabbing my hand and pulling me onto his brother. He got on behind me as Adamai began to count. Once he finished counting, he jumped off the edge and began to fly.

"Wow!" I said in amazement. "This is actually pretty cool." I tried to hide my shaky voice as I spoke. The white snow reflecting the sun from above was pretty awesome to see, but at the same time, the thought of falling off wasn't.

"It is, huh?" Yugo asked, smiling as he looked at me. I nodded and then sat down so I'd have less risk of losing my balance. After a bit, Yugo laid down beside where I was sitting and fell asleep.

"So Adamai," I began, "How are you holding up?" I kept my voice quiet as I spoke to him.

"It's not so bad. As long as we get that egg and defeat Nox!" Motivation rang off his voice.

I smiled a little, "Yeah! I know we can do it." I said, though honestly, I still had my doubts. I mean, Nox was powerful after all, and we were just some group of kids.

After a few more minutes, Yugo woke up. He seemed to have forgotten where we were because he stood up and almost fell off of Adamai before regaining his balance and rubbing his eyes.

"Careful Yugo!" I gasped.

He laughed in response, "I'm fine, Kaido." He said and smiled down at me. "How are you feeling, Adamai?"

"I'm okay, but my wings are a little tired." Adamai informed. "Could we stop for a snack?"

Az perked up at that and made a cute chirping noise. Paku was quiet though. Unusually quiet... Like the quiet that bothers someone even though the author literally forgot about Paku for like six or eight chapters in a row. But no, she's been quiet for just a little bit and all of a sudden it's bothering me. Really, author? (YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BREAK THE FOURTH WALL KAIDO! GOSH DANGIT!)

"I'd say Az agrees!" Yugo chuckled.

"Hold on tight!" Adamai warned, "We're going down!" He began to zoom down toward a small island that looked tropical. We had been flying for a while, so it was no surprise to me that we weren't over ice anymore. Also, I forgot to mention that the storm had stopped a while ago.

It took us no time to land, so Yugo and I quickly got off Adamai. The dragon turned back into his regular form and then went fishing. Yugo and I had started some small conversation that wasn't really important as we sat beside each other.

"Do you want help?" I asked Adamai after a moment or two.

"No, I got it!" He replied, catching three fish and then bringing them back to us. He held them over his mouth and then blew, creating enough fire to cook them instantly.

"Wow!" I said. "Remind me to never underestimate your fishing skill." I laughed a bit as he gave one to Yugo and I.

We each took a small bite before Yugo began to speak. "When I was younger, Alibert used to tell me stories of Orgrest. I loved them." He said kind of more upbeat. "They were sad." I gave him a confused glance when he said that in the same upbeat tone. "Orgrest cried because he was alone in the world." He informed. "His tears flooded the land."

"That's kinda dark..." I said softly.

"Do you think that's what actually happened?" Yugo asked both us.

I shrugged and Adamai replied. "I don't know. Grougaloragran told me that the world has changed since we was young." The dragon informed. "He missed most of the major events because he slept too much."

"I just want to start practicing." Yugo said as he stood up. "I want to know how powerful I am."

"I heard Eliatrope's are pretty impressive!" Adamai chimed. "I saw images and they were able to climb as high as the stars!"

"Whoa!" Yugo gasped and then looked up toward the sky. "How many portals do you think it would take to get that high?"

"Probably over a million." I answered.

"Well, should we try?" The Eliatrope questioned.

"Uh..." Adamai shrugged his, "I don't know!" He seemed unsure of himself though. "They looked more like adults in the pictures."

"It doesn't look that far!" Yugo exclaimed. "I can do it! I'm sure!"

"Maybe you can but I don't think you should!" Adamai retorted.

"Come on then!" Yugo yelled as he ran away.

I stood there looking at the two, unsure if I should follow them or stay put. It sounded like they just got in a fight, but I wasn't completely sure.

Once Adamai and Yugo were out of sight, I sighed and looked in my pocket for Paku. To my surprise, she wasn't there. "Paku?!" I asked frantically, looking around for the Tofu. "Crap," I mumbled. "This island is huge- Now that I think about it, I didn't hear her at all during the flight!" Did I leave her with the others?! I hope she's okay.

"Hurry up!" I heard Yugo shout, "Last one there is a rotten bwork!" I looked up to see him standing on top of the tallest pillar on the island. He's really going for the stars?!

I sighed and made a bunch of portals until I caught up with Adamai. "Do you think he's going to hurt himself?" I asked.

"I don't know!" Adamai replied. "But if it's a challenge he wants, I don't see why we can't take him on!"

I nodded and sped up my pace a little, Adamai managed to pass me though. It wasn't surprising, I haven't really been practicing my power at all.

Yugo leaped off the pillar and began to use his portals to fling him higher and higher into the air. Adamai followed suit, turning into the bug and using his wings to amplify his speed. He was catching up to Yugo as the two crawled higher and higher into the sky. I tried my best to follow, but I was a bit slow due to my fear and lagging behind.

"Be careful!" I called out to them, getting a terrible feeling as all I could see above me were the flashes of Yugo's bright blue portals.

Suddenly, they stopped.

I kept going higher myself, now worried about what could have happened. "Yugo? Adamai?" I called, but they were too high to hear me. I felt even more worried and went faster before I saw a spec coming at me. It grew bigger and bigger with each passing second until I realized it was Yugo. "Yugo!" I yelled his name with wide eyes and used a portal to catch him. I sighed in relief as the Eliatrope fell into my arms. He was passed out as I began to descend back to the island. "You dummy..." I mumbled softly before I landed on the ground.

Adamai flew right beside me when I landed and we both waited for Yugo to wake up. "I should have stopped him." I said quietly, laying him down on the ground.

"No." Adamai replied. "It's not your fault." He looked down. "It's his for not listening to me."

I looked over at him. "Yeah but, he just..." I sighed trying to think of what I wanted to say. "He wanted to prove he could do it. He's just a little stubborn." I paused. "Do you think he's going to be okay?" I asked with concern.

~Third Person POV~

By now Aster had left Oma Island. He didn't know exactly who had killed his sister, so his rage turned to the people he knew had betrayed him. Kaido, Yugo, and the others.

He mostly focused on Kaido though. After all, she was the one who promised him she wouldn't leave him and Astred. She promised him she would be there, but she broke that promise.

He was making his journey back home, to sit in his house, isolated. That way, he could plot revenge against Kaido and take away the one she loves the most; Yugo.