Back To Reality

All of a sudden, I felt a breath of air in my lungs. I was awake, like actually awake. I could feel tears come pouring out of my eyes, and my head still ached, but what mattered is that I was back in reality. "Kaido!" Aster yelled, "guys! She's awake!" Just then everyone, Eva, Dally, Ruel, Yugo, etc came over and smiled at me.

"Wha...?" I questioned softly, "What happened?"

"After we got attacked, you passed out." Yugo explained, "You haven't been awake sense. It's been hours..."

"We were all really worried about you." Astred said in her soft, fluttery voice. "Wh-why are you crying?"

I sat up slowly and whipped my tears away, "I... Can't remember..." I said honestly. Why was I crying? I feel like I just forgot something really important.

"It's okay Kaido." Aster said as he wrapped his arms around me in a hug. My eyes widened slightly and I gently hugged him back.

"I think we should make her pay for causing us so much trouble." Ruel spoke out with a smug look on his face.

"No way old man." I teased with a slight chuckle as he moped about it.

Deciding to actually take a look around, I noticed we were all back on the boat. "The boat?" I questioned, a little shocked. "Hey wait. The last thing I remember is being tied up by strange Sadida's..."

"Yeah. We kinda lost you back there." Eva informed. "You passed out and then they tied us all to a post..."

"Long story short," Grovy interrupted her, "You needed us to come save you all!"

"Astred and I tried to heal you, but our efforts were useless..." Aster chimmed in. "So we protected you while the others took out the God-like being."

"Oh wow..." I breathed, "Sounds like you guys went through a lot of trouble. I'm sorry I couldn't help."

"Don't worry about it, Kaido!" Yugo said, giving a toothy grin. "Besides, Ruel and the others managed to get the boat fixed so we can make it to Oma finally!"

"If Grovy doesn't cause us bad luck again." Ruel added, with a salty expression.

"Bad luck!" Dally gasped, "That's just a bunch of nonsense! I'm sure we'll make it Oma island just fine!"

I giggled a little at all of them. "It's nice to be awake again." I mumbled softly to myself, looking down at the glistening calm sea. The gentle breeze lightly blowing my hair in my face and causing little ripples on the turquoise aqua below us. I could smell the faint scent of salt in the air, and thought I could taste it a little as well. It was mostly peaceful minus all of Dally's gagging because he was sea-sick again.

"Good to have you back Kaido!" Aster said, as he walked beside me and gave me a smile.

I smiled back at him, "Yeah well, it's nice to be back." I spoke happily.

"Um, guys!" I heard Eva say, right before a thick fog covered the ship. I could feel it weighing me down with its pure coldness. I looked ahead just as the boat shook violently and black as night tentacles wrapped around the railing of the ship. I gasped and looked ahead just to see a giant squid glaring at us.

"Whoa! Who said 'Release the Kraken?!'" Aster asked as he moved back slightly, "I'm starting to sense something fishy is going on." A pun and a reference now? Of all the times! Doesn't matter though because not long after, everything went blank.

When I finally came to, I was on a small island. No Aster, no Astred, no Yugo, no Ruel... "Where am I?" I asked quietly to myself as I noticed Amalia crying. I quickly ran to her side, "What's wro-?" I cut myself off noticing Eva was passed out and not moving.

"She's not moving!" Amalia cried, "What do we do?"

"I'm not sure!" I responded, worried about Eva.

Then I heard the all too familiar sound of Dally arguing with Rubilax. It didn't take long for Amalia to call him over to us.

"Alright!" He said animatedly, "This calls for the sacred Iop healing art," he paused for dramatic effect, "mouth-to-mouth." The bright orange haired Iop bent down to Eva and right when he was about to kiss her, she woke up and shoved a squid-like creature in his face, forcing him to kiss that instead, while I burst out laughing.

"So, where are the others?" I asked casually.

"This island is tiny. They have to be here somewhere." Amalia stated.

I could feel the searing heat of the sun against my skin as I looked at the small island. I could see all of it from here. It was just a small chunk of land covered in sand and nothing else, surrounded by water. "I hope they're okay..." I slowly spoke noticing that they were gone.

"They have to be here..." Amalia said, as she took a step forward and vanished right before are very eyes.

"Amalia!" We gasped in sync with each other. Dally, being quick, took out his sword and swung it out in front of him, but by that time Eva had already ran through the mysterious invisible portal like thing.

"No time to waste!" I shrugged and nimbly ran in after her, leaving Grovy behind. "Whoa!" I exclaimed breathlessly, taking in my view. "This looks a lot more different than that island we were just on. Where are we?" I inquired, "I wonder if everyone else ended up here instead..."

So with the arrival of season three, it might throw off my entire plot that I had been working on for OVER A YEAR so if it does mess up everything.... I'm going to cry, but when I'm done crying I'll figure out a way to make it work! Just as a warning. Also OOPS! Accidentally made an Eminem reference!