The End?

~Kaido's POV~

I couldn't move, it was as if I was frozen. I could make small minor movements, like my eyes widening, which they did, and my mouth moving, which it didn't. I was so scared out of my mind it was almost hard to breathe.

The man, Nox, walked closer to me while laughing in his menacing way. It sent shivers down my spine. Why did this guy want to kill me anyway? Why me? I didn't do anything wrong... did I? I mean I... I ran away from my home, but I don't understand why someone would be trying to kill me for that...

"All of your Wakfu." Nox said, "you have so much. So different too." I don't know why I even bothered, but I tried to get out of his spell he had put on me. It was like he stopped me in time.

"W-what... about it?" I asked weakly, still attempting to break the spell placed on me. Hold on, had it effected anyone else?

"It will help me achieve my goal." He replied looking me dead in the eyes. "So I'm going to take it from you." After he spoke he began to chuckle darkly again. Which, need I say, sent chills crawling down my spine once more.

He raised his rod that he had been carrying and it appeared as though he was going to try to stab me with it. I guess the end couldn't be helped. I'd die here, by his hands, all alone. I guess people are supposed to die the way they were raised right? You grow up alone, you die alone.

~I know I'm a jerk, okay? Aster's POV~

As I was running with Eva, Yugo, and Dally I decided it would be best if we split up for a bit. I was going to go with Yugo down one side of the town and Eva was going to run with Dally along the other side of town. All I knew is that we needed to find Kaido. If she's hurt and I find her, I can heal her, but I'm really hoping she's okay. I feel bad enough with the fact I hadn't noticed she was gone.

"Eva! Dally!" I shouted, "you go that way!" I demanded pointing to the left side of the city. "Yugo, come with me!" The Eliatrope nodded and followed beside me as Eva and Dally split up. I was a bit surprised Eva didn't yell at me for telling her to do something. Oh well. Maybe she was just impressed that I actually knew how to use my brain. But I'm not going to let something happen to Kaido if I can help it! She makes my sister happy, and she did help us, after all. I owe her.

"I hope she's okay." Yugo said slightly panting as we ran down the streets aimlessly. I was out of breath as well and didn't know exactly how to respond. I'm normally the Break-the-Tension guy, I don't know how to handle situations like this very well. All I knew is that the sooner we find her, the better.

My thouts we soon cut off by an explosion sound and then a bright light that seemed to flash from an alleyway nearby. Even though I couldn't see or hear Eva and Dally, I was pretty sure they heard the noise as well. "What was..." I asked quietly not wanting to speak much.

"What was that?!" Yugo questioned with a very high amount of shock being expressed in his tone. He then ran closer to where the explosion had come from, and I followed him carefully. None of the buildings surrounding the alleyway seemed to be breaking, so that was a good sign. Must not have been a serious explosion? Or... was it even really an explosion at all?

"Be careful Yugo." I whispered noticing how close the young Eliatrope wearing a huge blue hat was getting to where it took place. Even his Tofu Az flew in his pocket. I assumed it was afraid of being any closer. As we neared the area, I can feel and immense amount of power. I was beginning to get a little freaked out and refused to follow Yugo any further.

"Aster!" Yugo called out, his voice was shaky when he called. It hadn't been long since he had looked down the narrow area either, but I wasn't going to bale on him, so I ran to his side.

When I made it right next to him, I looked down the alleyway only to see her. Kaido. No one else. But this was different. I was getting strange vibes from her, and her eyes where glowing a pure white. Like the shade of freshly fallen snow, or angel wings.

"Kaido..." I said hesitantly looking at my friend. Her eyes faded back to normal before she tried to smile, but ended up passing out.

"Kaido!" Yugo yelled and began to run towards her. Worried, I did the same.

When we approached her faintly breathing body that was lying on the ground helplessly, we both kneeled down to her side. Then Eva and Dally came running to us. They both seemed out of breath because they were panting.

"What happened to her?" The Iop asked nervously referring to Kaido.

"I dunno..." I said, "her eyes were glowing and then she passed out. That's all I saw. And her wounds don't look like anything I've really seen before. It might be a little bit before she awakes."

"Maybe we should carry her back to Ruel and the others." Yugo offered.

"Yeah. That's probably best for now. When she wakes up we can discuss a plan on how to get our hands on a boat." Eva responded.

"Or," I chimed in, "we could have someone stay with her while the rest of us get a boat. That way it's not too big of a delay."

"Wow." Eva exclaimed, "I'm actually impressed." She gave a smile and then picked up Kaido bridal style and we all began walking back to Ruel and the others. I really hoped Kaido was okay, but I was nervous. Something didn't seem right. None of the buildings appeared to be damaged, and there didn't seem to be anyone else there.

After several minutes had passed, we finally made it back to Ruel. I heard Amalia gasp as she noticed who Eva was holding. Ruel simply looked down without speaking a single word.

I turned my focus to my little sister Astred, younger by a minute and tried my best to give her an encouraging smile, but she sighed and turned away.