Forfut

I was just strolling down a street in Forfut after a while of trying to find my way to the Island of Oma. I wanted to go to Oma so I could look around and see if I could find any clues about where or who my mysterious parents are.

A while ago I found out that my parents are supposedly powerful creatures, which would explain my new found power. I have the ability to create portals. I'm not sure weather or not I should call it a gift or a curse though.

Anyway, Forfut is a small village that I needed to stop in to get some rest. The bad thing about this place though, is that it is beyond creepy. Every time I turned and looked somewhere, there were disturbing people, or creatures, I'm not really sure. It was dark, and all the buildings looked run down. As if they had been abandoned, but I knew they hadn't been because of the people walking around everywhere. I was thinking that I was the only person here that actually looked sane. 

I continued down one of the streets looking for a place to stay the night in, or at least get some grub. I turned my head slightly, and noticed a group of lively people. 'Maybe they know what's going on,' I thought to myself. One of them, a girl, had dark skin and bright green hair, another was short, looked like about my size, and he wore a blue hat with what appeared to be cat ears. I had the same type of hat, but mine was purple. There was another girl, she had blond hair, and she wore a black short dress, and she had a bow. Excellent weapon choice in my opinion. There were two more guys, one with orange hair and white clothing of some sort, he was a little bit taller then the girls, so about, double my size; the last guy seemed old and had white hair and a long beard.

My eyes widened looking at them, they gave me some hope when I saw them. The girl with green hair looked up at something, then started to freak out a little and ran to catch up with the rest of the group. "Hey!" I called to them, making them all jump.

"Wow! Someone who looks alive!" The orange haired guy said.

"Sorry to startle you. I'm not really used to this place, and it's beginning to give me the creeps," I explained, "Do you guys mind if I stay with you?" I was nervous and shy, but it was either do this, or be alone. 

They all huddled up and began talking to each other quietly, like they didn't trust me, but I couldn't blame them for not trusting me. After a while of them talking, the blond girl spoke up. "who are you?"

"I'm Kaido, I promise I won't bother you, and if I need anything I can pay for it myself." I informed trying to make sure they let me stay.

"She has her own Kama!" The old man said excitedly, "come on Eva! Let her stay!" 

The blond simply brushed off his comment and sighed. "What are you here for, tell me your intentions." She spoke boldly.

I looked up into her light green eyes, she was staring back down into my blue eyes. "I am trying to get to the Island of Oma, I'm hoping to find out some information about my parents there." I informed her confidently, "I want to learn more about myself."

"Eva, I think we can trust her," the little kid in the blue cat ear hat said, "she looks a little like me too!" He smiled and walked closer. 

"Okay fine," the blond, who I'm assuming is Eva, began, "I guess we can take her with us." 

I smiled widely at them all, "thank you so much" I said kindly as my Tofu flew out from the inside of my pocket. My Tofu was a really light yellow, it appeared to be almost white. "Hey Paku." I said to the Tofu bird, "don't go too far." I was always worried whenever he flew away from me, I didn't want him getting hurt.

"We're glad you could join us," the girl with green hair began, "we are going to the Island of Oma as well, maybe you could come there with us!" She had a cute smile on her face. 

I smiled back at her, "okay." 

"Hey Az! Maybe you can have a Tofu friend now!" The little boy said. I smiled as I looked toward Paku-my Tofu-who was playing with the little boy's Tofu. 

"Finally!" I heard the orange haired boy say. "An Inn." 

I smiled as everyone else cheered. Then the orange haired guy pushed open the doors.

"Salutations friends!" He began with his arms spread widely. "I am sir Percedal, savior of the world. My companions are hungry and tired from battle! Bring us your finest dishes!" He continued. I was wondering how he managed to come up with all of that instantly. Then he let out a small scream when he decided to look around. 

The zombie like people were all sitting at tables made of wood. some of them eating nothing, and another one putting his head in some sort of- I don't even know. 

"I don't think we've come across the local fast food establishment. I suggest we get out of here before we find ourselves in the same state." The old man said. 

There was a small pause before the little boy's stomach growled. He put his hand over it gently as he said, "I don't think my stomach agrees with you Ruel. I need to eat something." 

"I agree but-" I began, but Ruel began talking over me.

"As my father used to say, 'nibble everyday, live to eat another day,'" he then rubbed the kids head like he was the boy's father. 

"Now that we're here, we may as well try out the local cuisine." The green haired girl said as she gracefully began walking further into the Inn. She walked past a mirror and looked at her self. "Might not want to spend too much time here, the lighting makes my skin look terrible." She spoke a little loudly.

We all followed her in a single file order, I was standing behind the kid who looked to be about my age. Then I noticed Eva turn and look into the mirror. It was weird because she stared at it for a while before she walked away. It was like she saw something.