Chapter 8

Ash got back to the guild around dinner time. He spent most of the time learning how to see with his aura. He even walked back to the guild with it. Tomorrow they were going to work on combat training. He went to his usual spot next to Zinnia to eat dinner.

"Where have you been all day?" She asked him

"I was training with the Lucario that came in! I can see with my aura now!" He said excitedly.

"Really? That's great. I can't wait to see it tomorrow!"

"Yeah I'll show you after I'm done training with Lucario tomorrow."

"Is it more than a one day training session?"

"Yeah I need to be able to control my aura so from now on my training sessions are with him. I'll still go on missions with you guys though. I just really need to learn this."

"I understand. I'm sure the others will too."

"By the way Lucario know of our secret. There is no need to keep it hidden with him. He could tell I wasn't a normal riolu and he promised to keep it a secret."

"As long as it stays that way I don't mind. Please be careful on who you trust though. There are some really bad pokemon out there."

"I will besides I am learning how to read emotions tomorrow. I'll be careful don't you worry."

"Sorry I just don't want to lose you like I lost my parents."

"You won't besides we are all in this together right. If I have a bad suspicion of anyone you will be the first to know."

With that the two ate their dinner in silence.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning Ash got up earlier than all the rest. Well Lucario got him up. Somehow Lucario snuck in his room grabbed him and dumped him in the ocean. So he was going to train with no breakfast.

"Today we will learn how to read emotions.It is a very vital part of your training. To do that you, like before you must reach your aura out but this time you must intertwine it with the pokemon you are trying to read. For psychic pokemon it would not be possible but since we are using aura it is very possible as aura is the life source of living things. This one will be more difficult than the other one." Lucario explained.

Ash did as told and tried to link his aura with Lucatio's. Though he couldn't do it. He tried there for hours as he stood there. He didn't really expect to get it right away but he thought it would be a little easier than this.

"It's time for a break." Lucario told him. Ash sighed he really hoped this would be easier. Lucario looked over at him not saying anything. Though it looked like he was deep in thought. Finally he spoke up. He said, "I know things must be difficult for you. You are not used to the way we lucario and riolu do things. So I am trying to make things a little easier on you. Pretend that your aura is paint. You are going to mix that paint with more paint. Imaging that you are mixing that paint. Then you will be able to feel the emotions when you succeed."

After lunch Ash tried what Lucario said and to his surprise it worked He could sense what Lucario was feeling. He was feeling pride. He was proud for what his student just accomplished.

"Now I want you to go in town later with your friends later today and I want you to practice reading emotions. We will do combat training tomorrow so don't be late." Lucario said.