Chapter 1

A young man was walking to his hometown. His partner in tow. "Look buddy, were almost home." The man said not expecting the lack of excitement from the said partner. The partner was everyone's favorite yellow mouse, pikachu, and the young man was Ash Ketchum.

Though pikachu has been acting like that since the Kalos league. He thought it was homesickness and nothing more. Though he was worried he didn't let that stop him from getting home.

Finally he made it home. "Mom I'm home!" He shouted. Though he got no answer. He decided to look around the house a bit before finding a note saying, "Ash if you get home before I get back meet me at Professor Oak's lab-Mom"

He smiled, he got to see all of his pokemon again. "Come on pikachu let's go see everyone." Ash yelled. Once again not getting the excitement he was expecting. He was beginning to grow worried for his friend. Resolving to ask Professor Oak later on he left.

Ash eventually began to see the coral with all his pokemon in it and see other people as well. He was so excited he didn't even see the absol dash behind him as he ran to the lab.

He entered and not only saw his Mom but all of his friend as well. All but Gary. "Hey everyone, it's been awhile huh. What's wrong why does everyone seem so mad?" Ash asked.

"Ash I think I speak for everyone when I say that it is time for you to give up your dream. I don't want you to be angry with me but you have been to 6 leagues and haven't beaten a single one. I think it might be time for you to start a new career." Brock told him.

"W-what. I can't do that. My pokemon are counting on me. They need to feel free to be able to do what they do best." Ash said.

"Ash I already asked them. All of your pokemon agree including Pikachu." Oak stated. As if proving Oak right Pikachu ran over to him nodding at the young man. All of his pokemon were released though what surprised everyone else is that Greninja stood by him. He put his hand on Ash's shoulder as if saying I will go with whatever you decide.

Hearing a roar in the distance he looked up to see Charizard flying right at him. As he landed he shot Ash a look saying don't give up.

"At least think about what we about what we said." His mom begged.

All Ash could do was nod as he and his two loyal pokemon left to take a walk. He was both surprised and saddened to find out they wanted that. He sighed as he was looking out on the ocean that overlooked Pallet town.

Then Ash heard some footsteps in the distance. He looked behind him to see Gary walking towards him. Though Gary was not there he could only think that Gary was on their side.

When Gary finally arrived next to him Gary looked at him and said, "You can't give up on your dream.I know what they says might hurt but you can't give up. Not when you have me and your loyal pokemon believing in you. I know what it's like to give up your dream and I do not want you to go with it. Besides if anyone can become a pokemon master it's you."

Ash smiled at his former rival. "If you think I shouldn't give up then I won't. You have my word."

"Now that's the Ash I know!" Gary said as Charizard and Greninja cheered. Charizard then tackled Ash to the ground for a hug.

It was a beautiful sight to anyone who saw. Including the pokemon that was watching. Deciding to was the perfect chance to do what it was supposed to do it sprang. Leaving the two boys and two pokemon unconscious