Chapter 9

"Yay we finally get to hang out together. Let's go to spinda's cafe! I haven't been there in ages!" Zinnia squealed. It was good to see her happy. He preferred the happy Zinnia over the sad and depressed one any day.

Gary walked over to him and smiled, "I'm just glad we are fitting in around here. Though it's been quiet for too long."

"What do you mean?" Ash asked his best friend.

"Normally when legendary pokemon ask for your help it is almost in immediate effect. This time we actually have time to prepare and in all honesty it worries me." Gary told him.

"Don't worry as long as we are together we can do anything!" Zinnia cheered.

"Normally I would scold you on getting to cocky like that but you have a point with not worrying. If we are all worked up when the threat comes we will never be able to stop it. So let's get Charizard and Greninja so we can go relax. After Spinda's cafe I vote for the hot springs." Spring commented.

Ash said, "Speaking of those two I feel like it is only fair if I gave those two names. They are the ones who have stayed by me all this time. I haven't been able to come up with any good ones."

"How about Blaze?" Zinnia asked

"That is way too common Zinnia. You have to look for good uncommon ones for special friends such as these. I happen to have a few good ones in mind. Inferno really suits Charizard's fiery personality. While Crest would fit for greninja. What do you think Ash?" Spring said.

Ash smiled at his friends, "Those are great names. Thank you both so much for helping out. Though sorry your name didn't get picked Zinnia."

"It's fine. Blaze is a really common fire type name anyway. I just want to get rolling." She said the last part at the top of her lungs.

______________________________________________________________________

"Yeah we finally get nicknames! Thanks for picking ours out Spring!" Inferno screamed. As they were walking to the cafe. Ash had never been there before but he had heard it was a good place for explorers.

Everywhere he went he was feeling people's emotions. It was weird to be able to do so. He could tell that his own team was happy. Though that didn't stop Inferno from bad mouthing Pikachu. Though at this point he actually agrees with Inferno. Heck even Greninja agreed.

It was all cheerful in the cafe until a Gothorita came in. She was acting happy even though she wasn't. He just didn't know why. His teammates were all busy talking to one another so he decided to go and talk to her on his own.

"Hello, what's the matter?" He asked her.

"I'm fine. There is no need to worry about me." She said nervously.

"No your not. I am a riolu and we have the power to read emotions. What seems to be the matter."

"Well you see my sister Lilac got kidnapped by a houndour. I don't have the strength to get her back or the money to request help from an exploration team."

"Sometimes you don't need money. Me and my friends will help you out. We don't need you to have money because this is the right thing to do. Don't worry we'll get Lilac back for you."

"You will?! Thank you!"