thirty four

Reyna and Thalia were always those lovely lesbian youtuber couples that just made the entirety of the internet dying because of the cuteness and how both of these powerful women slay the whole industry. The whole thought of doing a video with the both of them got Magnus nervous and fidgety.

"Jesus Christ, Magnus." Alex scoffed as she watched him from her mirror, lining her eyes with some glittery gold eyeliner she bought at some shop while they were apartment-hunting a day ago. Apparently, not one apartment anywhere made it to their standards—and Alex had time to invite the most powerful lesbian couple in YouTube to do a video with both of them just because she was frustrated over not finding a perfect place to live in with a significant other.

Magnus wasn't happy with finding nothing either. The longer they don't spend time together in one shared space was killing them both. Morning walks to Alex's place got a lot more bothersome, getting out of bed seemed so much like a pain, even taking a bath was so hard to do because they can fucking do it in each others' space. Sure, they could have just slept over each others' place, but the thought of it seemed so unnatural that Alex had the nerve to go home while Magnus was still sleeping. Which made Magnus agitated because, being the sappy piece of shit he is, he loved waking up to see Alex's face, with her petite frame close to his and her arms wrapped around him—limbs in a tangle, eyes closed with her lashes and her freckles up close.

Yeah, Magnus was so fucking in love. "What am I supposed to do?! Be excited? I'm not. They're great and all, but what if I fuck up?"

"I'm here, right?" Alex turned to him as she finished putting on a yellow turban on her hair, smiling coyly at her own expression before making home base on Magnus' eyes. "You'll be fine. Just be yourself."

"You tell me that all the time." Magnus countered, remembering all those time Alex said to be himself but had been scolded on why the ever loving fuck would you do that? "And every time, you scold me about doing what I just did."

"See, the viewers love that!" Alex joked as she walked towards her boyfriend. "What I'm saying is that you'll eventually fuck up anyway. Over and over and over and over, and it will still be great because when you fuck up, it only means that you're doing what you do most."

"Was that's supposed to encourage me?" Magnus raised an eyebrow.

Alex simply twined her hands through his hair and kissed the tip of his nose. "Okay, let me rephrase." She said, kissing him square on the lips this time. "You may be a fuck up, but you're the greatest fuck up ever. And also because you're my greatest fuck up ever."

Magnus hummed gingerly and put a hand on her cheek, kissing her back. "You never fail to surprise me."

"That's because you never expect, do you?"

"What can I say, it's my anxiety." Magnus shrugged and Alex just laughed.

"Don't we all?" She remarked. "I get anxiety over many things, honestly. I just don't show it."

"I know." Magnus said as he laid his head on the crook of her shoulder. "You don't have to open up to me about that. I know you hate opening yourself up, it makes you feel vulnerable. I don't have to know, you don't have to tell me. I respect your privacy."

Alex sighed, caressing Magnus' hair. She never really thought about how Magnus thinks of her being too private. Of course, despite of Magnus being very close to her and all that, she still has a few issues she'd rather not talk about. Magnus was right. She hated vulnerability, she hated having someone who knew everything about her—unless it was Magnus. Everything with him was automatic, as if it was meant to happen, meant to be. And even when she still has that whispering voice in her mind about him leaving her in the end—she still felt calm in his arms. Still felt serenity in his eyes. And maybe that was the whole thing with Magnus. He was like the calm before the storm.