chapter five

ALEX ;

Alex hated everything about mornings. She hated the curls her hair would get into, or even the sore muscles from whatever reason—sleeping in odd positions and blaming it all on the bedsheets. She hated the cool breeze that made her swoop tightly into her blankets, or even the fucking noises getting her off of her sleeping state. Which was just fucked.

She didn't go to school anymore, she was being paid anyway. So she opened her eyes, just for the sake of it, and closed them again as she sighed contentedly. No works to do, no anything. Just life with enough money, and enough happiness. Well, not really. She still suffers from dysphoria from time to time—sometimes even making her cry. It wasn't a joke having to deal with problems like those, but she managed a lot. 

After a moment spent with her face pressed tightly on the soft surface of her pillow, Alex decided to finally get up and prepare breakfast. Which consisted of some hot chocolate and some cookies she had left from some bakery across the road. She loved that bakery, a married couple named Frank and Hazel Zhang owned it—which was a glorious pair almost contrasting each other in the greatest was possible. She could even sense the emotional aura the cookies give off. Well, that was weird.

"Okay, Alex!" She said enthusiastically at her reflection as she passed by a mirror down her hallway. Her smile faltered as she saw how disoriented her whole attire was. She wore thin-fabric long sleeves and fluffy shorts that hugged her thighs comfortably. "You gotta get yourself going today!" She said as she whipped her reflection a satisfied smile.

In a swift movement, she had already preparedg her coffee and took a few sips. She quickly took a bath and dressed in some pastel pink sweater and a pair of mint green shorts with rips at the edges. She then wore her boots and grabbed her phone and wallet, and exited her apartment, already making her way down the building onto the busy streets of Boston.

She waded through the streets and held herself aloft with her feet and steady walk. She loved these days when she still had the confidence to trot around town with how she looked like. When all but none was paying her no mind nor judgement and letting her do her own thing in her own time. When nobody was controlling every ounce of her being. She was a free soul to roam across the sea of darkness that is life. And she started making these decisions once she finally broke free of her parents.

See, Alex Fierro never had the most normal family in her life. She was a product of two people who never really had the same things as a pleasant duo would have. Sam wasn't even her biological sister—just a stepsister. She was from a family who never wanted her in the first place, and have given her away to someone who needed a child for an excuse for some crime they needed to escape. Samirah, on the other hand, was a product of love. While Alex was a product of malignancy.

She never really minds the fact that their connection didn't really connect since they don't have once at all. But the fact that Alex can live through such things after what happened before she started YouTube was just as unnerving as having paranoia in a house that had so many corridors. She never really stopped thinking about what would happen after everything that's happened. Was she really free from the clasps of what her memories enclosed of? She didn't know.

She shrugged the recollection out of her mind and smiled at the vendor who was gesturing some kind of dessert to her. "I'll take two!" She said as she pointed to two chocolate ones. She was quite a fan of sweets. She brought out her phone and took a picture of the packed heart shaped cookies that had matching frosting, quickly posting it to Instagram.