thirty two

i don't really know much about muslim traditions and i'm so sorry if i have made any mistakes so please correct me if i'm wrong

;

"Like how do I say hi without breaking down?"

"You," Alex groaned. "Why is my boyfriend like this?"

"C'mon," Magnus scoffed and smirked. "You love me."

"Not working."

"I practiced that for like, three months. Why do you hate me this much?"

Alex raised up to the tips of her toes so she could kiss Magnus, a sly move that always had Magnus whirling in frustration and happiness. A kiss from Alex just sent so much effect on him—like every piece of bone and flesh in his body reacts to Alex's lips and her smirk accompanying it. And sometimes, Magnus loses his mind just with the thought of the course of those kisses shared with the one and only Alex Fierro.

"Calm down, big guy." Alex whispered onto his ear. "You won't fuck up. And I know that. And Sam knows that. And so does Amir. They're gonna love you as much as I do—no, actually, I love you more than anybody else so they better back the fuck off my man." Alex said as she pulled back and smiled at Magnus—the dorky look on his face was a mixture of confusion, shock, and satisfaction. Like how he always looks like whenever he just got kissed square on the lips by Alex. Which he has a love/hate relationship with. Her surprise kisses never failed to shock him, then make him feel flustered, then make him feel so much more things he can't even describe.

Magnus let out a shy laugh once he realized what Alex said. "Chill, 'Lex." He then patted her shoulder. "Nobody's stealing me because they know you'll murder them."

"First of all, I'm lovely."

"Yes, you are." Magnus agreed. Of course, who wouldn't? Alex didn't seem fazed at all. You know, like always.

"I don't murder anybody."

"Please." Magnus let out a playful scoff as he flipped a strand of hair. "We all know you could kill me with your bare hands right now at this moment."

Alex smirked. And Magnus gulped. "I think all I need to do to kill you is talk—"

"Keep dreamin—" another kiss.

"Or that."

"I hate you."

;

"So wait," Magnus waved his arms over his face. "You own a falafel restaurant? And you cook? Falafel? Like?"

"My," Amir Fadlan breathed out amusedly. "I think we're the ones meant to be."

Alex laughed, a mix of homicidal glee and exasperation. "Uhm, no." She put a hand over Magnus' shoulder. "This guy's mine, sorry." Magnus laughed and waved off the statement.

"But, really?" Magnus asked again, and Amir only nodded. Samirah was beside him, smiling and politely nodding at times. And just smiling to Magnus, then to Alex, obviously enjoying this.

"Yeah," He said. "But you two, geez. Heard a lot about you. Sam doesn't know how to shut up about how the two of you are so adorable and cute and meant to be." And by that, Magnus blushed a crimson red as it was Alex's turn to laugh, not really affected by how Sam fangirls over the two of them. Who you guys kidding? Sam's probably the captain of the fierrochase ship.

Sam only nodded enthusiastically. "Sorry, I've actually been wanting to meet you all my life."

"I only told you about him earlier this year, Sam. Fucking chill your everything." Alex rolled her eyes in a joking way.

"Shut up," Sam intervened. "What I mean is, I'm just so glad that Alex actually found someone to settle with."

"Oh," Magnus cut in. "We don't really live together, yet. But she does come to my place as much as I go here for some chat, food and movies, or just chilling."

"That's actually as good as living together then?" Sam laughed, as she looked pointedly at the couple. "Why not live together? It's gonna less trouble for both of you, and honestly I know how much trouble Alex goes through just to get up from bed." She ended that with a wink and by the time she did, Alex was already sweating profusely and Magnus was fidgety and nervous.

"Ahaha." Alex laughed awkwardly as she scratched the back of her neck. "Yeah. We'll talk about it? Who knows?" She shrugged and nudged Magnus who was stiff and probably having an internal monologue.

"Oh what—ah, yeah. We've known each other for almost a year but we just started officially dating about a month ago, so yeah we'll take things slow and steady." He smiled at Sam. "Besides, I like the thought of Alex putting effort in getting up just to see me. What can I say, I'm irresistible."

"Is this my cue to sing some Fall Out Boy or?" Alex laughed as she held onto Magnus' hand. "But yeah, I'm a great significant other. And he obviously loves me so much so yeah."

Amir's eyes were smiling as much as Sam's were. The married couple looked so cute together that Alex actually forgot about their relationship. They were Muslim and Alex doesn't really have as much knowledge in traditions, except her chaperoning them at times, and she knows how long they've waited to finally be wed. And here they were, happy and lovely and damn they looked so cute she wanted to hug them both and throw herself in a pool of sugar. And she bet Magnus has the same thoughts about them.

"That's so cute." Amir stated, caressing Sam's fingers. Magnus looked at them, he wasn't one for religion or traditions, but knowing that they were Muslim made him think about how long they must have waited to finally get married and touch each other—just the simple holding hands, not as intimate, but he knew that simple gesture meant so much to the both of them. They did wait for this, and they finally had it.

Magnus thought of Alex. Would they actually settle in together? He didn't know which part of his life is already settled in with the idea of actually falling in love and having a significant other. Sure, it did cross his mind that he probably was going to flop when it came to falling in love, but this was Alex. She was of a best friend and a lover mixed in one person, a shoulder to lean on and a pair of lips to kiss—she was there when you need her, even when you didn't, and she was there to make him feel as if he was alive and he was functioning and he had emotions.

Magnus cleared things up in his brain. That's it, he thought, I'm gonna talk to her about this. Because who knows? Maybe talking it over may make them have a good decision in life. But not now. Because that would be too soon, too eager, too fast, to shifty—like Alex. You can never keep up, but will try. That was just how to be with her.

"Anyway, who wanna watch a movie?" Alex grinned, standing up.

Magnus then made up his mind. After this, he thought, we'll talk.