chapter twenty seven

ok what the fuck this reach 5k?!

DUDE

;

After another two days of Magnus and Alex just vlogging around London, and occasionally bumping into some of their subscribers and taking selfies with them or talking to them or just that. They were kind of tired from all of that that they decided to head home since Alex was getting bored and was complaining about the weather, and how her efforts of coming her had been put to nothing since she just wanted to stay at home in Boston with Magnus.

So after packing up their clothes and stuff they brought and bought around London, they finally boarded on a plane and set off to Boston. The moment Alex had reached the ground and took in the breath of the familiar Boston air, she shivered. Not because the temperature was too cold or anything, but because she finally smelled in the familiar air—the same air she breathed in London, but not with the same taste, not with the same color. And the moment she reached her house, she just collapsed in bed—feeling sleep arouse in her veins as she cuddled herself.

"So," Magnus said through the speaker of Alex's phone. They instantly video called each other since apparently, Magnus and Alex can't live without each other and this is a fact I'm willing to fight for. "Did you take a bath? I can smell you all the way from here."

Alex cringed visibly. "You disgust me sometimes." She said, and she let Magnus' laugh reverberate through her ears. The sweet sound making her smile in the process of cringing. That was literally how to react to Magnus, summed up with one sentence. Gosh, I'm such an awesome writer, I can't believe I fucking came up with that.

Lol, just kidding. I suck.

BACK TO NARRATING!!

"Go take a shower, then rest." Magnus chided over the screen. He had his hair up in a bun again, and his hoodie seemed too large for him that Alex could spot his prominent collar bones. Well, before I narrate about particular stuff—actually, you know what? Fuck it.

Alex wanted to litter those collar bones with kisses and bites and everything she could. She wanted to kiss Magnus with enough ferocity with an explosion of sultry emotions—she wanted him. Not in that sexual way, people. Stop thinking about that because there is no way I'm gonna write smut. Just some shit priorly close to it. Like the next paragraph.

She wanted him to kiss her—not just because those lips looked so endearingly soft, but because she wanted to feel him connected to her. She wanted his lips to daze hers in that kind of way where she tips a little bit closer to the edge of sanity, when her eyes fail to focus on the image before her, or how her body fail to respond in the same way. She wanted to feel something, anything. And with Magnus, she literally could. Magnus Chase had made Alex's numbness deteriorate day by day.

"But I still wanna talk to you." She said, with that tinge of playfulness in her voice that seemed like a mischievous alluring of seduction. She constantly did this to Magnus. Confuse him, make him feel stuff she constantly felt when he was around her. That kind of tingle around the back of your neck that you can't explain. You just feel. And you can never tell when it'll come, it just strikes.

Magnus only chuckled again. The sound of his kind of deep laugh drifted in Alex's ears like that of a mirage—reminding her that she was in fact in the wrong side of reality. "We literally spent three days together. Like we always do everyday."

"I mean." Alex started. "That's not enough."

"You just can't live without me, can you?" Magnus said with a laugh as he stared at Alex's droopy eyes beyond the screen. Alex was quite tired and wanting to sleep, and she just let Magnus' voice lull her to slumber.

"Yeah." Alex agreed, not really aware of what she said. Magnus stopped whatever he was doing. His breath paused as he stared at Alex who had her eyes closed. "Yeah, I can't." She said again, yawning and stretching like a feline.

Magnus was breaking down at this point. He was kind of flattered and scared at the same time. Sure, the fact that Alex said she can't live without him was really lovely and all that, but what if it was just a joke to Alex? Sure, they had that talk about feelings and evading it. Was Alex having feelings for him? Or was she just seeing all of this as some platonic bullshit that is a good thing on YouTube career? Was she in love? Or was she having fun?

"Alex." Magnus said, a warning was in his voice. "Alex, you're falling asleep." He said a bit louder which succeeded in waking Alex up slightly. She tilted her head and yawned again.

"I'm gonna go to sleep now, Maggie." She said, with a sleepy smile on her lips. Magnus just smiled back, knowing that Alex wasn't really aware of what she said.

Unless she was.

Alex was as confused as Magnus. Don't ever think that Magnus is the only one suffering with emotions. Alex didn't know she had emotions like this or that she was capable of letting them inhabit her mind or her whole being. She was torn between thinking about how Magnus would kiss her and tell her he loved her, or how he'd say they're just friends and they should keep it that way. Does she want them to be something else? Or what?

"Good night." She said, again.

"Wait—" Magnus said. Alex stopped abruptly, her eyes wide and waiting for Magnus to continue talking. "I wanna talk tomorrow. Please?"

"About what, Magnus?" She asked as she sat up, leaning her head on the headrest.

"Us." He said, his voice reluctant. "I wanna talk about us, Alex. And I know it's something I need to give time for you for, but I need my answers, 'Lex."

Alex gulped. "Oh."

"Would that be okay?"

"Y-Yeah."

=