Poems pt 2 (Crona x Reader)

Requested by: WantingToChange

I started writing poems a lot recently. Trying out different writing styles and techniques gives me peace of mind. I find a lot of inspiration around me. Especially in love and heartbreak. It gives me the chance to express myself and be honest with my feelings.

A few ballads I did were focussed around Crona and I, a thing that would never happen. One was about a girl that stole a boy from his soulmate. I wrote it when I was angry and in denial about Crona liking someone else. Then I wrote a second part to it where that girl turned out to be his soulmate, and the heartbroken one found someone else. It was about hope for getting over Crona. A third was something metaphorical and a bit hard to understand, and can be mistaken for being about death while I was talking about heartbreak.

That day really hurt me. I have not stopped hanging out with Crona, but his new girlfriend seems to always be around him. Not that he can not spend time with someone he loves and feels comfortable around, but it really makes me feel sad. I would ask to have a friendly one on one tine with him, but I feel like that would only make my heart hurt more. I just have to keep my feelings inside, and not let myself hurt Crona. He loves her, as much as I hate to admit it. And I do not want for him to be sad. Yet I love him, and the only thing I can do now is let him go. If you love someone you let them go. So that is what I will do. Maybe I should write a poem about this.

I pick up my pencil and start the outline of my poem. This time I want to try using the entire page for my poem, working with all the space to further express the meaning. But someone inturrupts me by tapping on my shoulder. I put my pencil down and turn to look at them.

"I just realized I never thanked you for helping me write that poem. It worked thanks to you," Crona says in his beautiful soft voice.

"It's no problem." I say that, but inside I know it caused me trouble. Sometimes I wish I never said anything. But then I see how happy he is and know it was right.

"I am going to write one for you, as a thanks. But ______ wants to talk to you."

"Okay, where is she? I thought you would be with her, she is your girlfriend after all." I collect my stuff and stand up.

"Just on that bench near the basketball hoops. You know which one?"

"Yeah. And don't worry about writing a poem. Your happiness is enough of a thanks."

I walk away and leave Crona. Even looking at him hurts me. I do not know why. Possibly it is because I know I can not have him as more than a friend.

As I make my way to the basketball hoops, I start to wonder why ______ would want to talk to me alone. She is nice but I only really talk to her when Crona is there and every now and again when we bump into each other in the halls.

"You wanted to talk to me?" I ask the girl. She stood up quickly, and wiped her eyes like she had been crying.

"You like Crona, don't you," she sounds more like she is accusing me than asking me. I am taken aback by her words.

"Oh, god, you do, don't you?" She sits back down and rests her face in her hands.

"Yeah, but I could never take him from you. So if your worried about that, I won't get in the way of the two of you. I can't hurt Crona for my own selfish desires." I sit next to her and start to rub her back. _____ is shaking and crying into her hands.

"I want to give him to you. I want you to confess your love to him after I say I have eyes for someone else."

"But you don't. You don't like someone else. You like Crona. And you don't want me to have him. You want him for yourself. I just want him to be happy. And he's happy with you. Best case scenario."

"But you love him. If you love someone, you should fight for them!" ______ moves her face away from her hands and looks me straight in the eye. "You love him, don't you? I'm begging you! Let me give Crona to you! I know you are the right one for him! He is perfect for you. I only want him to be happy. With me we'll both have heartache."

I stand up. She is willingly giving me Crona. She loves him and knows I love him, and she is letting me take him from her. I believe in what she says strongly. All arrows point to me chasing after Crona. I love Crona with all my heart. I want the best for him and I want to provide that best for him. But what he needs right now is not me screwing everything up.

"He will figure that out on his own time. Know that it hurts to see you two together, and that every part of my body wants me to accept your offer. Heartache is a part of life. If I am meant to be with him then something will eventually work out. Until then, I'll wait."