For The Act (Death The Kid x Reader)

Edited: 06/04/18

Song: Dancing With A Wolf by All Time Low

I watch as my "faithful" boyfriend gets cozy with some girl named Catherine whom I only met once. Jake played it off as his cousin. Which is a common lie for those who cheat. So, I did research. Turns out she is not related to him, in any way, shape or form. I didn't break up with him. Instead, my plan is too make him believe he got away with that, but throw him to the wolves.

My eyes lock onto Jakes. He waves with the hand around her shoulder. I wave back. Man, he is so oblivious to what is going to come raining down on him tonight.

I walk across the sandy beach to Kid. Despite me dating someone else, I have a small crush on him. But I gave up and accepted he was out of my league. If I could get him to help me...

"Hey Kid!" I wave and smile.

"Hello (Y/n)."

"So listen. You see my boyfriend over there?"

"Um, yeah. Who is that girl with him?"

"Her name is Catherine. Or 'Catty' I think he calls her. Anyway, the point is that he is cheating on me with her. Or cheating on her with me. That's not the point. I need help to make him realize two can play that game. Would you mind helping me?"

"You want me to pretend I am with you? As in, your boyfriend?"

"Unless you don't want to pretend," I flirt. Kid blushes, and looks away. "I was joking!"

"Sure. Just pretend. For now," he flirts back. Kid leans in and kisses my cheek, then the other, for symmetry. "For the act."

"Okay. Just don't get jealous when I kiss my soon-to-be-ex boyfriend."

I take Kid's hand in mine. Our fingers intertwine with each other. Walking over I see Jake is on fire. To make him more mad, I pretend like I don't notice.

"Hey baby girl," Jake cooes at me.

"Hey handsome," my free arm reaches around his neck as I give him a quick peck on the lips. A few mouths drop after seeing me kiss Jake when I am holding hands with Kid.

"Hey. It's a beach barbecue! You guys all brought swimsuits, right? Let's go swimming!" Tsubaki says, trying to avoid the awkwardness of the situation.

"Yeah! Great idea Tsubaki!" Maka agrees.

"Okay! Let's go! I have a cute new swimsuit. I can't wait to show off!" I say, holding up a small bundle which is my swimsuit.

"Hope it's skimpy?" Jake asks me.

"It's not. Just a cute swimsuit."

"Shame."

Maka and Tsubaki head to change Soul and Black*Star follow them, not wanting to be a part of what is going on. Liz and Patty look at each other, then run off as well. "Hey. You're Catty, right? Name's (Y/n). Believe we met before."

"Yeah. We have. And please, call me Cath," Cath says, clearly trying to hide her rage inside her.

"Okay. Well, best be getting into our suits."

I walk into the wooden change room shack just off the sand. Walking in I see Maka, Tsubaki, Liz, and Patty looking at me with a strange look on their face, already changed.

"Kid and Jake? What is wrong with you?" Maka accuses me.

"Jake is cheating so I'm getting help from Kid for payback. Tell Soul and Black*Star," I quickly explain, then hide behind a curtain to change.