Almost (Justin Law x Reader)

Edited: 06/04/18

Song: We Don't Have To Dance by Andy Black

(Y/n) and I have made the decision to take our relationship to the next level. We discussed everything. I wanted this for so long, I wanted her. And tonight was the night. I get to give my virginity to the one I love, and I think she may give me hers. The only person worth taking my earbuds out for, other than the great Lord Death.

I sit on the bed crosslegged. I sit in nothing but my boxers, hopefully able to start off the night when she comes in. Patiently, I wait for (Y/n). She should come in soon. It is 9:00pm. Hopefully she didn't fall asleep on the couch, again.

I let my thoughts consume my body. Was I ready? What will it be like? And more importantly, is (Y/n) ready? I want this to be like it is in the movies, in the books. Realistically, it won't; but I can hope.

The lyrics of the songs pound in my head. If (Y/n) is calling for me I won't be able to hear her. (Favorite song) by (favorite band) comes on. I think of her. She loves their music.

Checking the clock after a few songs I see time has passed. It is 9:45!

I stand up to go check the couch, where (Y/n) usually lies. I take my earbuds out so I can try to listen for her.

"(Y/n)?" I call out for her. No response. The couch is empty, no signs of her being there for a while.

"(Y/n)?!" I call out, more worried. This is not like her.

Room after room I check to see if she is there. Every hiding spot is empty. Unless, she isn't in the house.

I run to the closet back in the bedroom. I throw open the doors to get some clothes. She must be outside. No where else she could be. Why did she leave? Did she change her mind?

The first shirt, pair of pants, jacket, and shoes I see are immediately put on.

Suddenly, I hear a quiet sob. (Y/n).

"(Y/n)!" I yell. The crying is close.

"H-here. J-justin." She stutters.

I pull the hanging clothes out of the way and to the side. There is (Y/n) curled up knees to her chest, shaking. I sit down next to her, and throw my arms around her.

Pulling her onto my lap, I ask, "Do you know how worried I was? How worried I am? What are you doing here? What is wrong? I thought you were hurt!"

"I'm sorry. So so sorry," is her answer. The (e/c) eyes I love so much fill with tears. "I was scared."

"Tell me."

"Tonight. I was sure. So sure. And ready. I knew we both wanted it. But..."

"But what?"

"I got scared. I knew you were ready and I couldn't face you getting mad or upset at me if I backed out."

"I will never get mad at you. Never. That is a promise. If you are not ready, I understand. I may have wanted it. But not until you are ready. I will stay a virgin my whole life if it means your happiness."

"Thank you." She says. I hold her close, never wanting to let go. (Y/n) snuggles close to me, her face against my chest. I give her a quick kiss on the top of her head.

I may have wanted a hot and sexy night, but not anymore. Not until she is ready.