Protect (Mifune x Reader) ALTERNATE EXTENDED ENDING

Edited: 06/04/18

"Time of death 1:37." The doctor speaks those dreaded words. The many other nurses and doctors who have gathered around (Y/n)'s bed have left.

The surgery went so well. If only her body had accepted the new heart. Then she would be alive. But alas, her body was too weak.

Mifune is crouched by her bed holding her hand to his face. Tears run down his face as he takes the velvet box out of his pocket. (Y/n) would have said yes. They were dating for a couple years. She only broke it off so he wouldn't have been too hurt. Mifune carefully takes the simple gold ring out, it has her birthstone on it. Angela helped to pick it out. He slides it on her finger.

Nothing feels right, or even real. Mifune stands up to leave and tell the others what happened. The door swings open and there stands Tsubaki with Angela, and Black*Star beside her. (Y/n)'s partner is waiting behind them. Soul and Maka are in each others arms. Crona leans against a wall. Kid, Liz and Patty are right beside the door.

Just before he opens his mouth a steady rhythm catches his attention. The heart monitor regains its steady beat.

Mifune whips his head back to (Y/n). The doctor beside her has a smirk on his face. He runs to her hand, and holds it. Could (Y/n), his love, be alive?

"She is alive?" He asks.

"Correctamundo... a word I have never used before and hopefully never will again." The doctor answers.

(Y/n) squeezes Mifunes hand.

"What... is on... my hand?" She struggles to say.

"Save your energy (Y/n). For the answer to your question ask him." The doctor points to the man across him. (Y/n) looks to Mifune tears in her eyes.

"It hurts." She says.

"I know. The pain will stop, stay strong. What is on your finger is a promise. A promise for forever. It will never be broken. It will bond us together." Mifune says. Angela runs and jumps on his back. She looks down on the girl who came back to life and smiles.

"Make Mifune happy!"

"I will."