Dare To Get Even

Edited: 07/04/18

Continued from Dare To Confess
(S/n)=Soul Eater Crush Name

Song: Salt In The Wound by Theory Of A Deadman

(Y/n) waits patiently for (S/n). He wanted to talk to her just outside of the school, to formally apologize. It had been a week since he ripped out her heart and tore it violently to shreds. After thought, he deeply regretted it. It wasn't worth it. The plan failed. Other than prank (Y/n), the plan was to help him impress her friend. That, obviously, didn't work.

"Hey." (S/n) comes up from behind her. She glares at him, clearly not impressed by his cheerful tone.

"Hello." Her tone is so cold, you can practically see the icicles hanging from each and every word.

"Yeah, uhm," he brings his hand up to scratch the back of his head. "I am sorry, about what I did. I hurt you, my friends dared me, and-"

"And what?! You can't really be sorry about what you did."

"I am. My friends thought that it would impress your friend, Renee. Which clearly, did not work and I was foolish to believe them. I humiliated you, and made myself look like a douche. I am so, so sorry."

"You wanted to impress Renee?! You thought that would work?! She is my friend for crying out loud! Why would that ever impress her?!"

"Well, one of my friends said that she thinks I have a crush on you and that's why she never asked me out. And, this would this prove I do not like you that way. They also threatened that they will tell her that I like her," (S/n) confesses.

"Well," a sly grin appears on her face. "She told me that she liked you. Her feelings changed once you did that to me. I will tell her you apologized to me. Just never do that to anyone, ever again."

"Really?! I could even be your friend too, if you want." (S/n)'s eyes gleam with hope.

"Yes. That would be nice," (Y/n) formulates a plan. "Well, I have to go. I will see you tomorrow."

*****

"Why did you say that?!" Renee yells at me. "I don't want to date him. I can not even stand to hear his name after what he did to you!"

"Hey, calm down. I might not be over it, but this will be revenge for playing with my feelings and humiliating me!" (Y/n) clenches her hand into a fist. Looking to Renee, she sees her nod. Instantly, she starts to plan. "Yes! A month at the most of dating. Get really close. Then, make it look like you are cheating on him. Use your boyfriend. Say you broke up and are now just really close friends. And if not-"

"A month?!" She shrieks.

"Yes. Now, listen, please. Let (S/n) see you making out with your boyfriend or something. Then, make it look like things are going to escalate to the bedroom. Then-" I pause, pointing to her. "You tell him it was all a joke. That the relationship was all one sided. And that we got revenge. You might also have to kiss and/or make out with him."

"Okay. Fine. Whatever. Not like my boyfriend wanted to show affection to me in public anyway," Renee says sarcastically.

~Time Skip One Month~

"Renee?" (Y/n) looks over to her friend.

"That's me."

"It's been a month. Time to take revenge!"

"Yes! Finally! I have been playing along for far too long! Why would he even think I would actually like him after what he did?!"

"I have no idea. Now, time to get this plan rolling!"

*****

(Y/n) walks alongside (S/n). They walked in silence the whole way there. Good thing, too. There was no way (Y/n) was going to mess it all up by saying the wrong thing.

"We're here. Renee won't expect you. This will be a nice surprise." Her voice is sickeningly sweet. Now, hopefully, Renee is ready with her real boyfriend.

(Y/n)'s (skin tone) hand grips hold of the handle, and opens the door. (S/n) pushes past her, into the room.

"Renee! Come see who I brought home!" (Y/n) yells out.

"(Y/n)? Who's shoes are those?" (S/n) asks warily, pointing to the mens shoes on the ground. Almost inaudible sounds draw his attention.

(S/n) starts to walk to the hallway where the sounds came from. (Y/n) follows close behind.

"Renee?" He calls out again, looking around the corner. (S/n)'s jaw drops, as he sees the scene in front of him. The other faces turn to look at him, faking to be surprised from being caught.

Renee is pushed against a wall. Her boyfriend has no shirt on, with his one hand up her shirt, groping her boob. They are both panting and look flushed, and Renee has a bruise on her neck. Looks convincing enough. Probably was not even faked.

"Renee? Wh-what is going on? How long has this been happening?" Tears come to (S/n)'s eye, but he refuses to let them fall. (Y/n) can only hold in her laughter.

"(S/n)..." Renee speaks, moving away from the wall. "This is exactly how it looks."

"What do you mean?"

"This is my boyfriend. The one I have been with longer than I have been with you."

"Why would you date me then?" (S/n) asks the golden question.

"You played with (Y/n)'s feelings. I played with yours."

"It was all fake. Planned from the beginning, when you told me your feelings for her," (Y/n) chimes in, and starts to laugh. Renee and her boyfriend join in.

"(Y/n) was the one who liked you. Not my girl. And you ruined your chances with (Y/n). You should have known." This time it was Renee's boyfriend to speak up. (S/n) just stood there, dazed. He didn't know what to do. He should have known that Renee would never like him. If only a strong wind of common sense would have blown and slapped him right between the eyes.

A tear rolls down (S/n)'s cheek. He just runs out of the room, embarrassed and heartbroken. Their plan had worked.

☆☆☆Extra☆☆☆

His POV

How was I so gullible? I should have known. If this is how (Y/n) felt when I played with her feelings... I just feel worse about it. If only I hadn't taken the dare. Then none of this would have happened. Also, how did I not know about Renee's boyfriend? I am too naive. They are right, how did I ever think that I would impress Renee? Just too desperate. Ugh... This sucks...