Chapter 12: An Eye Out For The Snake

Start from the beginning

"Alright go ahead and start barbecuing. If you wanna put beer on the meat make sure you separate them from the ones the kids gon eat. Here take these pans. Can you dig it?"

"Yes ma'am. I brought my speakers and sound system. I even managed to get a bouncy house and water slide for the kids."

"Alright that's perfect. I'll get one of the boys to pull that trampoline from the back so they can jump on it. We also need to get the volleyball net out for my grandchildren. Oh yeah and that basketball too."

"Yes ma'am consider it done."

"Thank you son."

"You welcome mama."

With those words being said he left and did what I asked him to.

Jayla
"Okay everyone know what they getting?!"

"Yeah Jayla we know!"

"Alright let's get it!"

I rush down the aisle with the paper plates, foil, napkins, paper towels, and eating utensils. I grab a lot of paper plates, to-go plates, foil, napkins, and plastic utensils. Out of all my siblings I've been the prepared one. No matter what time of day it is I'm prepared. Cause I'm the bomb!

Kayla
Who does Jayla think she is? She always taking or trying to run something. It's aggravating because everyone think she's the best and wisest. Just because she's the oldest by 2 minutes don't mean she knows everything. I got things to say too I'm the second oldest. Just because I'm born second does mean I'm second best. I look down at my two beautiful twins Ryan and Rylee. If only I'd been born 2 minutes earlier than Jayla then I'd be over the Legacy. Then my kids would take over after I step down. If I step up and say something everybody would have a cow.

Meisha
RJ is just the spitting image of his father. It's hard to forget about a man that your son looks like sooo much like. Like yo whoop there it is! I can't believe he just left us. He told RJ he was going to the store and then he never came back. I reported him to the missing persons list, but it's only so much they can do. I figured if he wanted to be found he'd come out of hiding. I didn't choose the single moms life the single moms life chose me.

"Mama can I get this?"

"RJ what I told you before we came in the store? Didn't I say don't ask for nothing, don't touch nothing, and don't look at nothing?"

I look at my lil stanka he in the buggy poutin. Maybe I am being a lil harsh, but I need to get the stuff I need first before I get the extra things.

"Here hold on to this I'm n...

"Thank you mama. I love you."

He starts kissing my face and I feel like for once I've done something right.

"Yeah. Yeah. Now we gotta get the kool-aid, water, and little hug fruit barrels for the family reunion."

Aisha
"We gotta get barbecue sauce, mustard, ketchup, and mayo. This should be a piece of cake right?"

My kids aren't playing a bit of attention to me. They over here chillaxin in the buggy.

"Guess y'all don't want a toy today."

TJ was the first to reply.

"Yes getting barbecue sauce, mustard, ketchup, and mayo should be a piece of cake."

"You heard me?"

"Every last single word."

"Okay you don't have to be a smart alec."