Ch14~[A Real Husband]

The venom in his eyes diminished as his gaze halted on the shaking figure of his son. 'Take that ladder and come down. Don't make me repeat myself.' he growled before climbing down from the chair and waiting for his orders to be carried out.

She was terrifyingly aware of her lack of options, so as desperately as she wished time would just freeze, she complied. Their agonizingly slow descend was ultimately met with the fake smile of the man, his hands behind his back. Objectively, his stance emanated benevolence, however, the two pair of eyes knew better than to spiral down into a cocoon of comfort and reassurance, as a normal reaction to a paternal figure.

'Darling, wasn't Yoongi supposed to be at school? And didn't you have work today?' his pale cheeks were plumped by a smile that failed to reach his cold, fixated eyes. His gaze shifted to his wristwatch as to check the time before meeting hers again in a questioning stare.

'He, umm, he wasn't feeling well so I decided it's best to let him stay at home for the day. As for me, I called in and asked to have the day off so I can l-look after him.' she managed to stutter out.

'Oh, I see. And were you looking after him in the attic? Is that a new nursing technique?' an amused scoff of disbelief left the man's chest.

'I was, uhh-'

'Yoongi, son, why don't you go to your room? After all, you're not feeling well.' the man's head lowered robotically to meet his son's trembling eyes, his voice a mockery to his wife's previous words. The boy's small hands instantly latched onto his mom's pencil skirt, shaking his head fervently. 'Go to your room.' his tone has lost any trace of feigned sweetness, replaced now by a bone chilling snarl as the previous suggestion turned into a command. Not that it was an actual suggestion in the first place. He reluctantly complied, ushered by his mom's whispered 'it's okay's and 'go's.

As he cautiously stepped around his father, instinctively keeping as wide of a distance as possible, his eyes were trained on the man's figure. His breathing became shallow as he noticed his dad's right hand, which was initially behind his back, move around his side, diagonally opposing the boy's position, in an attempt to hide what he was holding. He did, however, catch a small part of the black object cocooned in the man's palm, and his knees became weak with realization. He stopped in his tracks for a second but the intimidating and straight up terrifying aura radiating from behind him made him hurry into his room.

Stepping inside, he hesitantly closed the door before quickly encircling his ear with his hands in a make-shift 'tunnel' to help him hear what's going on outside. Pointless. He was too far away to make out even a bit of the conversation. He had gotten quite good at keeping his curious nature at bay, but this was way too much even for him. Heart hammering in his chest, he shakily gripped the doorknob and twisted, as silently as possible.

As soon as the door was open enough for him to sneak his body through without any unexpected creaking sounds, his small feet started tiptoeing on the cold floor. The once undistinguishable murmurs gained clarity as he approached the furthest point he could reach without giving his position away, which was right behind the corner of the hallway. He then became motionless, even his breathing sounds being held under control, as he focused his hearing as much as his body allowed him to.

'-to know so badly? You're so pathetically dumb that you'd lie to me? Don't I give you enough? Don't you have anything your heart desires? Wealth, designer brands, exotic trips and all that shit? You have everything.' the voice of his dad morphed into a furious crescendo with every passing sentence.

There was silence.

And then there was laughter.

She was laughing.

'I have everything my heart desires? Have you, for one fucking second, dropped your holier-than-thou attitude to ask me what I actually want? Have I ever in my entire life said I want money? Expensive trips? Brand names on my clothes? You think that's what I need?' she asked continuously with a newly found venom in her tone. 'Ha, of course you do, in your perception any breach in life can be covered with cash. And that's exactly what it is - a cover up. For how fucked up our life is. You wanna know what I actually want? I want a husband.' her voice dropped to a painful whisper. 'Because you are anything but that.'

Silence again.

Followed by laughter.

But this time from him.

'You want me to be a real husband? You want me to hold your hand, kiss your forehead, bring you breakfast to bed, be honest, listen to you and all that proper partner shit?' amused amazement played in his voice. 'Sorry, can't do. I can only give you one thing out of those right now and that's the truth you're so desperate for.' he taunted as her eyes sparkled with painful curiosity. 'You're dying to know what my infamous side business is, huh?' he asked in a suspiciously calculated manner.

'Yes.'

'Are you sure, darling. I'll give you ten seconds to change your answer. So I'll ask again.. Are you dying to know what my side business is?' he raised a brow at her, earning a confused look in return at his antics. Why would he give her the opportunity to change her answer? Is it that bad? Of course it is, but she has to know.

'Yes.'

'Big mistake.'

----------×××----------
A/N: Oh, boy, didn't I take my sweet sweet time uploading this time? I sure did, and for that I'm immensely sorry. Again, I'll try to upload regularly, hopefully I will have the time to do so.

That being said, what are your thoughts on this weird flashback chapter?

Hope you enjoyed it, thank you for putting up with my busy ass, I apologize again.

Buh-bye now~

Kidnap Me ║M.Y.GOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara