Ch13~[Antagonist]

Bickering was about as common between the two of us as breathing was. If there was any verbal interaction, it mostly likely was a squabble laced with sarcastic remarks. We've grown accustomed to taking up this snappy tone, even if the conversation didn't see any use for it.

What was never part of our routine, though, was any form of physical contact, unless his sadistic alter ego came into play and his temper flared up enough for him to hurt me. Thankfully, that hasn't happened since our 'fun' little knife play. Except for the dreadfully awkward experience of having him bathe me, I had hoped no further touching was going to happen between us.

Yet, here we are, bickering in such an ironic position, my palm laying across his chest, while his arm is stretched under my waist, on the bed.

'You can't just do that, you pervert. What weirdo randomly pinches a girl's nipple?' I ask in a high pitch of annoyance, my eyes angrily scanning over his face.

'Me. I just did it. And if it soothes your sore spot, I don't think of you as a girl. You're a brat.' he retorts, squinting his eyes at me.

'Bullshit. You're just trying to curb your creep tendencies. What next? You'll accidentally slip your dick in my mouth while I'm sleeping?' his eyebrows shoot up before I feel his chest reverberating with laughter under my palm. It's the first time I get to witness this genuine sight and it makes me unintentionally join him with a giggle of my own.

'Wow, brat's got a sense of humor. Didn't see that one coming.' he breathes out, remnants of his amusement still playing in his voice. 'And don't you worry, all that mouth of yours can do is talk back and antagonize me. You're safe.'

'Maybe because you are the antagonist. Did that absurd little thought ever cross your mind?' I question with an edge of hostility, gripping his shirt inside my fist.

'Every. Single. Day.' he stresses, grabbing my wrist in a tight, familiar grip and pulling towards his face. The action makes me switch my center of gravity from laying on my side to having my chest pressed on top of his, my face now in close proximity to his. 'I'm not dumb, princess. I'm well aware what I do isn't ethical. But then again, my moral compass has been fucked with a long time ago.' he smirks slightly, although allowing his eyes to be clouded by what looked like reminiscing for a second.

Flashback (Third P.O.V.)
Never did it occur to the 9 year old to question certain aspects of his father's behavior, nor of his family situation in general. That wasn't due to any lack in the IQ department. On the contrary, the boy was outstandingly sharp, however, his instinct of steering clear of anything that his dad considered it didn't concern him was incited in him subconsciously.

Maybe it was the way his father's already inscrutable nature turned downright wrathful when anyone wanted to meddle in his business that represented such a big 'Keep Away' sign for the boy. Or maybe the way his mother's face would suddenly get drained of color as soon as she realized she'd struck a cord with her husband... or how the color would be back the next day but in the dreadful form of purple bruises.

He was smart enough not to stick his nose where it didn't belong. Not because he wasn't a curious individual, which he was, but because due to the limited contact he had with the outside world, his parents' relationship didn't seem all too abnormal to him.

His knowledge of monetary value was also limited, but even he knew a mere owner of a cheapish bar couldn't afford to live in a 2.5 million dollar house, own three expensive ass cars or dress his entire family in all designer names. Unfortunately, his mom was just as in the dark about her husband's side business as the little one was.

That was until one wicked morning when a little too much alcohol and one too many trust issues got the woman to lie to her husband about going to work and taking her son to school. Instead, the two of them hid in the attic right above the man's office.

'I'm begging you, Mr. Min. I won't tell anybody, I swear to God, I won't. Please don't do this, I'll keep my mouth shut. Please!!' the loud wailing of a man finally became audible after a conversation that wasn't loud enough to resonate to the upper floor.

The woman ran to carefully open the scuttle door so she can hear the conversation more clearly.

'You know what's a more effective way to make sure you keep your mouth shut?' she heard the cold, but rather amused tone of her husband followed by something way more terrifying than she ever did. A gunshot.

Her mistake wasn't gasping loudly as a reaction. No, that was a minor error compared to her instinct of dropping the wooden door with a thud louder than the actual gunshot. Or so it seemed to her.

The next two minutes were the most horrific of her life as silence took over the entire house. It didn't take long before said silence was broken by slow, rhythmic footsteps headed towards the hallway, making her entire world go into a slow motion of terror. She grabbed the boy and ran into a corner, her eyes desperately searching for the ladder she was hardly able to lift up from the 2nd floor to the attic, so as not to leave any traces behind. He can't get inside. He doesn't have the ladder.

'Oh, honey.' her heart stopped for a second as she heard her husband's venomously sweet voice right under the attic hole. 'Come down, I've missed you.' he continued abusing this unfamiliar tone of feigned charm. Getting nothing in return, he allowed his voice to grow louder. 'I know you're in there, darling. Is Yoongi with you? He is, isn't he?'

Silence. That's until she hears the small wheels of a rotating chair being dragged onto the wooden floor of the hallway. Fuck! Fuck, fuck! The squeaking of weight being pressed on the office chair made the hairs on her body raise. A loud hit against the scuttle door made it fall open as only the top half of her husband's face came into view, his eyes devoid of any emotion except for what she could describe as desire to kill. And as she looked into his maniac eyes, she could tell then and there that was the most terrifying sight she's ever seen.

-------×××------
A/N:I'm so so sorry for taking so long to update this time, I've been extremely busy with studying and exams. Hope you understand.

Anyway, your thoughts on this chapter and how the story is progressing so far? :)

Also, sorry for making Yoongi's dad the bad guy, but I wanted a twist to the story, also this is obviously an AU so the plot line isn't canon-compliant.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Again, I apologize for not posting on time. I'll try to go back to posting regularly.

Buh-bye now.