Ch5~[3.3.20.22.]

'Don't you dare touch anything.'

His words still linger at the back of my mind. Maybe it was his cold, serious tone. Or maybe it's the fact that all I can think about right now is disobeying his orders.

How can I not? How can I stay still in this chilling darkness, when the light draws me in so strongly? The light.. The light from the laptop screen, the light from the monitor. Just the simple knowledge that I'm a few clicks away from invading his privacy, from figuring him out.. it intrigues me, it excites me.

I heard the faint sound of the engine about twenty minutes ago. I don't know how much time I have to ponder my options, but I know I need to hurry. Quietly standing up, as if he could hear me, I tiptoe towards the table, my bare feet picking up the dust on the cold wooden floor.

One quick look. I'm well aware it might get me in trouble, but how the hell does he expect me to just sit there and obey like a puppy? When he placed the metaphorical dog treats right in front of me.

I didn't dare sit in his chair, so I just hunch my back slightly over it and gently place my hand on the mouse. I wouldn't call myself an IT genius but nor am I a Neanderthal in this domain. I decided to just check out everything I possibly can, so I started from the top.

Well, shit. After about 5 minutes of clicking around I realized most of his folders are password protected. It would've been too damn easy for me to just be able to access them, huh?

'3.3.20.22.'? It's the only one I can access without any password or code. Instead, a window pops up asking me if I want to transfer the contents to a paired source. It takes me a minute to think it over, fearing that I could do some dumb shit and he'd notice. But my curious nature wins the battle, as I click 'yes' before instantly hearing a small beep from the monitor next to me, making me jump.

'Do you grant access to paired device ___ for content transfer?'

Grant [ ]
Deny [ ]

Might as well, right? Cautiously clicking the first option, the screen turns black for a couple of seconds before what looked like rectangular pictures appearing in random places all over the display. They quickly cover the entire screen, in a 3:4 arrangement, as I start scanning them over.

What?!

I instantly realize they're not images. They're videos. Live videos, to be exact. They unmistakably look like CCTVs. Switching my gaze from one to another, I notice a variety of places, from house porches to workplace cubicles, to coffee shops. However, a particular one makes my breath hitch.

In the center of the said video, I can clearly make out that massive mahogany desk in my dad's office, papers scattered all over its surface. What catches my attention even more is the familiar paternal figure pacing restlessly around the room, what looks like a phone in his hand. I click on the rectangle, luckily, a button for sound popping up.

'Is it cold there? Did you pack everything?' -pause- 'You should've woken us up though, Y/N. I thought you knew better than to just leave on your own accord.' -pause- 'Yes, sweetheart, I understand, but still. You should've taken someone else besides Henry, this whole deal is making me restless. Are you okay? You sound a bit strange.' -pause- 'Oh, I see. Okay then, I'm gonna have a meeting in 5 so I need to go, bye bye, love you.' he quickly says before leaving the room.

Y/N? He's under the impression that he's talking to me. This bastard is using that voice changer again. Or rather, his anonymous friend that he claimed helps him with this. What a fucking joke.. He's really that confident in his abilities that he truly believes he's gonna get away.

My eyes dart to the video next to this one, making all the colour drain from my face.

My bedroom. It looks as if the camera was planted somehow almost behind my wall mirror. He was in my fucking room. He's been watching me for God knows how much time.

Every emotion I previously had is suddenly replaced by rage. The single thing I want to do right now is punch a hole through that damned screen. However, it's not rationality that stops my burning instincts.

But the sound of his car. And even more so..

The sound of screaming.