60. "I never lied to you"

No One's POV

Caroline spend two hours or so with Brad and told him that during their break she kissed Klaus, leaving Brad very upset but she felt the need to tell him what happened because she didn't want to have a serious relationship that had lies and there was no trust, she knew that by telling him what happened, she could lose him forever but she wanted things to work out and so that could happen they had to be honest with each other and don't keep secrets.

When Caroline got back to the mansion, she saw Niklaus who asked her about Brad, he didn't love to ear her talk about another man but he had to be there for her in order to have her in his life. He could not lose her, just the thought destroyed him. Niklaus also asked because he wanted to know how was the relationship Caroline had with Brad after their break and to know how they handle it and how their relationship would be from now on.

"Brad and I are going to try to have a real and serious relationship." She said once he took her to his office to have a private conversation with her.

"A serious relationship? Don't you fear that it's too soon? I know you care for the wolf boy but... a serious relationship is something that can only happen if two people truly know each other and care for each other."

"If someone heard you talk right now would think that you know all about serious relationships..." Caroline said, rolling her eyes.

"And I do know about serious relationships."

"Please... you never had one. You dated some girls for months but it was just to satisfy you. I don't know about a single woman you were with that was actually your girlfriend and not a sex friend."

"I had girlfriends..." he defended himself, even if he knew that she was saying the truth.

"Name one." She challenge him.

"You." He said, taking her by surprise.

Niklaus, in fact, had not much experience in serious relationships or care for them but with Caroline was different. Yes, he knows that started because they were lonely and horny and that it wasn't exactly a good way to start but along the years, they got closer and Niklaus stopped desiring other women because he had found his woman. They were never public and they didn't really label it but for him she was his girlfriend and he her boyfriend. He loved her and he knew she loved her too, making him look at their relationship as a real and serious relationship.

"Me? And when was that?"

"I know we didn't label what we had but you were my girlfriend... at least I saw you as my girlfriend."

"Is that why you dated a girl right in front of me when we started to sleep together?" Caroline asked.

She never admitted and she promised herself to never admit that to him but she hated when she saw him with another woman.

"You were with Mike."

"His name was..." Caroline was about to correct Niklaus but she knew he did that on purpose so she just decided to not even bother him. "It doesn't matter. A real relationship it's when two people are together and don't have other lovers, it's when two people love each other and want to be with each other and no one else, it's when they want to be for the long hall."

"Who said I didn't want to be with you and no one else? Who said I wasn't there for the long hall?" Niklaus snapped at her.

It made him angry that she couldn't see that for him what they had was real and serious and that he truly loved her and wanted to be with her. It destroyed him when they stopped being together and he hated to see Caroline doubt his feelings when he was with her.

"I'm not going to have this conversation again." Caroline said because she didn't want to argue with Niklaus anymore and she didn't want to do or say something that could ruin their friendship, because after everything Niklaus was still her best friend and the one person she couldn't handle losing.

"Yes, I am aware that I wasn't perfect but you knew me very well before we got together. You knew what I did and what I planned on doing. You knew everything. You always blame me for how things end up but I'm not going to accept getting the blame for everything. You knew everything before we got together. I never lied to you. I was always upfront with you. You knew very well who I was and what my plans were."

"You're right..." She said lowly that almost couldn't be heard for a human.

She knew he was right in some things for how much she hated to admit. She knew who Niklaus was, she was him in his worst and saw the things he did and how far he was capable of going to get what he wanted, she knew his plans, she knew what he wanted and she still got together with him and stayed with him for many years... She could get out of their relationship sooner but she didn't want to, she didn't want to lose him nor could she, she couldn't handle losing him even knowing that he would do everything to break the curse, she knew breaking the curse was his number one priority and she didn't said a word about it because she knew how he felt about it and how important it was for him.

"I'm sorry for blaming you all the time. I knew you very well and you never made me do anything I didn't want to. I got together with you and stayed by your side. That was my choice and no one else's."

"Do you regret it?" Niklaus asked, afraid of the answer.

"No. We had great moments together. I loved you and I will always love you... I guess I just didn't like how we broke things off." She admitted and he kissed her forehead and hugged her.