6. Katerina Escapes

No One's POV

It was the big night that Niklaus had waited for, he would finally break the curse, but something happened... Katerina was gone.

Trevor was in love with Katerina and couldn't let Klaus kill her for his sacrifice, so he told Katerina what were Klaus's true intentions and Katerina start to run.

When Niklaus found out about Katerina being gone, he went to his brother because he knew about his feelings towards the doppelgänger.

"What have you done?" Klaus asked furious.

"I do not understand." Elijah replied confused.

"Katerina is gone, she is fled." Klaus said, making Elijah get up from his chair.

"No"

"What did you tell her?" Niklaus asked without patience.

"Nothing." Elijah said calmly and Niklaus upset with all of what happened, he pushed his brother against the wall, with his hand in his brother's throat and yelled with his vampire face. "Do not lie to me!"

"I will find her... You have my word." Elijah said with a calm tone.

"If you do not, I give you my word that you will be dead." Niklaus said still with his vampire face and then let go off Elijah.

Elijah quickly went with a friend and Trevor to find her, they were now in the woods, thanks to Elijah's ability to smell Katerina's blood.

"Katerina! I know you are near." Elijah yelled then said more to himself. "I can smell your blood." Then said again to the nowhere, knowing that Katerina could hear him. "Is pointless to run. Klaus will find you, wherever you are."

"This way." Trevor said, pointing to the place opposite to where was Katerina. "There's more blood there."

When they walked away, Katerina get out of her hiding place and before she could move, Trevor vamp to her.

"Shhh... Head to East, I can't slow them down much longer." Trevor said.

"I can't run anymore." Katerina said tired and afraid of what would happen to her if they found her.

"Never mind. There's a cottage, you'll be safe there." He said and Katerina nodded, then Trevor yelled. "Go now, go!"

Katerina run over to the cottage that Trevor told her about and knocked on the door. "Help! Please, help!"

An old lady opened slightly the door, looking at Katerina and she begged "Help me"

"I don't invite stranger into my home." The old lady said.

"Trevor... he said you would help me." Katerina said almost without breath from running as fast as she could for so long.

"Damn him! Always making promises I don't want to' keep." A blond young lady said, appearing from nowhere, then after looking at Katerina said to the old lady. "Let the girl in."

The old lady let Katerina come in and then the blonde girl compelled her to bring Katerina water and some food.

"You must be Rose. Thank you. Trevor said to show you this." Katerina said and showed her the moonstone. "To prove I am who I say. It would help me to freedom"

"You stole that from Klaus?" Rose asked in disbelief.

"It was to be part of the sacrifice ritual so I grabbed it and made my escape." Katerina explained.

"People do not escape from Klaus. Everyone who tries ends back in his grass and anyone who helps them dies." Rose said mad.

"I know the risk you bring on yourself by giving me..."

"I'm risking nothing. At night fall, I will bring you back to Klaus and beg him to show us both mercy." Rose said and took Katerina to a room.

When it was night, Rose come to Katerina's room.

"Time to go." Rose said and then smelled Katerina's blood, and when looked at the wound asked "When did this happened?"

"In the woods."

"That's a lie, I would have smelled it." Rose said and then looked at a knife with her blood

"I rather to die than go back to Klaus. Please just let me die." Katerina said.

"If you die, Trevor dies with you." Rose said and bite herself to give her blood to Katerina so she could heal, and Trevor appeared, making Rose push him against the wall. "You set us both in a path to death, I only hope that Klaus sees the honor of giving that girl back to him."

"He will sacrifice her."

"Then so be it."

"I love her, Rose." Trevor said and Rose just looked at him and calmed down.

"He'll kill you. He will not stop until he has all the items." Rose said then they heard a sound coming from Katerina's room and saw her hanging in a rope, they took her out and she woke up as a vampire, feeding then from the old lady that was in the house so she would finish her transition.