48. Drunk Niklaus

Caroline's POV

When I got back from the bathroom, I saw a very drunk Niklaus talking with Brad.

Instead of interrupting them without knowing what they were talking about, I stayed in a dark corner, listening to their conversation.

"Here's the secret... I love Caroline." Niklaus said. "She loved me too, before you showed up I thought that I would have a chance and that maybe all I needed was time but then you appeared and she is actually very fond of you..." he said and Brad just looked at him speechless. "A word of advice, mate... don't do what I did. Do right by her... Do whatever you can to make her happy. And never ever, put someone or something above her... She deserves better than that."

Even drunk, Niklaus can surprise me and say wonderful things... which makes it hard for me to be able to get over him for real.

"Hey, guys!" I said while I approach the booth.

"Hey! Can I talk to you in private?" Brad asked.

"Sure." I said and we went to some other booth. "What's up?"

"Klaus come to me with a weird talk and... did something happened between the both of you?"

"It's complicated. We had a thing, but was years ago."

"And you live with him?"

"I don't have a family and he knows me since forever. We are like family... you get that, don't you?"

"I guess... it's just a little weird. But what matters is that you don't have any feelings for him left." He said and I just smiled a little, then he kissed me. "Brad, would you mind if I would leave? It's just... Niklaus has been drinking way too much and..."

"You care about him."

"Yes. I know you probably don't like to hear me say that but... He and I have known each other since we were kids and he isn't just some guy I had a thing with, he is like family and I can't just stay here when I see he isn't himself."

"It's okay. You are just being the good person you are." Brad said.

"Thank you." I said and quickly went to Klaus's booth and convinced him to go home.

***

I was now in Nik's bedroom, after convincing him to take his shoes, I made him go to bed and I was now covering him with some sheets.

"Where are you going, love?" He asked when I was about to leave.

"Somewhere else so you can sleep."

"No. Stay here."

"You should sleep to get back to yourself."

"I will only sleep if you stay." He said, making me roll my eyes. "I am serious, love."

"Nik..."

"I'm not asking much. I'm just asking you to stay here... please, love..."

"Fine." I said. "Let me just go get something more comfortable."

I vamp speed to my room and put some pjs, then got back and got into Nik's bed.

"I missed sleeping with you..." he said.

"You are drunk." I said and rolled over, making him face my back.

In a second, Nik wrapped his arm around me and pulled me closer to him. Just like that, we fall asleep cuddling. It felt so good...

An: Hey guys! I would like to know your opinion about flashbacks. This chapter didn't had any but do you like when I make flashbacks or do you prefer when I just focus on what's happening in the present? Thank you for the votes, the comments and just the reading. I know that I sometimes take months making an update and I'm sorry but I'm glad that you guys still read it. It means a lot to me. I love you guys.