38. You are not alone

Rebekah's POV

Rebekah's POV

Caroline told me the most relevant stuff that happened since I got daggered and now I was at Gloria's with Stefan.

We spend the entire night hanging out and reliving good old times, ending up in my bedroom, having mind-blowing sex.

***

It was now afternoon and I was telling Caroline all about my night with Stefan, but from times to times she got a text.

"Who the bloody hell is that? Do you have a boyfriend and you did not tell me?"

"It's just... a friend."

"Oh my God, you are having sex with someone. Who is it?" I asked and took her phone to see who was it and saw the name 'Nik'. "Oh God! You are dating my brother! That's so awesome!"

"I'm not dating your brother." She said and took her phone back.

"I saw the name Nik."

"Yeah, but that's because his name is Nick, as in Nicholas." She said.

"Oh! And you two are friends who have sex or are you something more serious?" I asked curious.

"We are friends who have sex from times to times." She said looking down.

"How is he? I want to know everything."

"Alright. He is tall and dirty blonde hair and... he is amazing!"

"You totally have feelings for him!" I said with a big smile because it was more than time to Caroline give a chance to love.

"No, I don't. It's just attraction." She said, clearly lying but I wasn't sure if it was to me or to herself.

"Why do you always do that? Every time you feel something for some guy, you just repress those feelings. Why do you do that? It's because of Richard?" I asked. "You know that Richard loved you and that he just wants you to be happy. I never saw you having something serious after we turned."

"I know that. I just don't have something serious because we are vampires and when we get hurt it gets pretty bad."

"But that's what are friends for. I was there for you when Andrew... you know... and I will always be here for you. Always and forever, just like we promised." I said.

"I know. Thanks." She said and hugged me.

"Good! You are here." Niklaus said appearing with Stefan. "I have to tell you something."

"Okay." I said while Stefan seat next to me.

"Is everything okay?" Caroline asked.

I always liked Caroline and Niklaus's relationship. Everyone could see that they were meant to be with each other but apparently they continue to be just friends. How can they handle it? We can even feel the tension between them.

"We are going to make a trip."

"What? But we just got here!" Stefan said.

"Yes, but I have to make some of my hybrids and for that I have to look for werewolves." Niklaus said

"I thought you being a hybrid was what you wanted." I said.

"What I want is to have my hybrids so..." he was saying but he stop himself from saying it.

"So what? So you won't be alone? You are not alone, you never were. You try to push everyone away. When will you open you eyes and see that we are here? Rebekah is here! I am here! It's been a thousands of years and you still can't see that we are always going to be here for you? That we love you? How long do you need to see that you are not alone? How long until you start to appreciate the people that are here for you and always have been?" Caroline asked and vamp speed to her room with tears wanting to get out.

"You better go talk with her." I said.

Caroline's POV

I love Nik so much but he can really piss me off with this all 'I'm alone' thing. I hate that he can't see that he is not alone and the worst is that I can't do a thing to make him see how wrong he is.

Suddenly, I heard the door open it, making me see Niklaus getting into my bedroom.

"What the bloody hell happened downstairs? I thought you supported me." He said mad and closed the door so no one could ear us.

"Seriously?! I support you, I've always supported you." I said angry.

"It didn't seem to have your support downstairs."

"That's because it makes me angry when I see that you continue with this stupid idea of you being all alone and that there's no way of me taking that idea of your head. I have nothing against your hybrids but I have something against your idea of you being alone because that is not the truth, not now nor ever. You had always someone. You always had me. Am I not important to you so you won't even notice that?" I said with tears leaving my face and he kissed me passionately.

"You are important to me... more than you can imagine. Don't ever doubt that." He said when broke the kiss.

"Then how came you don't see that you are not alone?" I whispered.

"Because none of you knows what is to not feel belonged, to not be wanted." He said.

"Are you serious?" I asked in disbelief. "I was an outsider almost all my human life. I had no family and I was living with you and your family because of pity. I was never part of your family... Richard loved me but only after getting over Tatia because everyone loved her and everyone wanted her. I was always the second choice. You still have your siblings but you prefer to push them away than to bond with them even knowing that they will always choose you."

"Did you always felt like that?"

"Of course I did. Why do you think I was so insecure when I was human?" I asked him.

"I didn't knew..." he said. "Why didn't you told me? Why didn't you come to me?"

"Because I hated myself for feeling like that and I hated to be jealous of Tatia." I admitted. "And besides, you were completely in love with her. You were capable of everything for her."

"You had nothing to be jealous of her."

"Nik, came on! She was everyone's first choice. Everyone wanted to be with her, even you... specially you."

"No, I didn't. I loved you, but I couldn't be with you because my mother made me and my brothers promise that none of us would court you and would see you only as a sister... but I never saw you as a sister. I always loved you. Tatia was my second choice." He said making me look at him and see he was being completely honest, which made me kiss him with everything I had.