9. Rebekah/Marcellus/Niklaus

No One's POV

It's been 15 years since Niklaus adopted Marcel and he was now an adult. Marcel fell for Rebekah since the first time he saw her but, after Niklaus told him that he wouldn't turn him if he had something with Rebekah, Marcellus act like if he had moved on but now that he was an adult, he knew that he could had a chance with Rebekah. Rebekah also liked Marcellus but didn't do a thing about it, so she wouldn't face her brother's rage.

Since Marcel was a young boy, Rebekah gave him lessons to fencing and when he was a kid he told her that he would marry her someday, and she quickly replied that she wouldn't marry someone who couldn't beat her at fencing, but now that he was an adult and had so much practice he knew he could best her in a duel.

After a while of fencing, he pushed her against the wall and they both took their mask and when he was about to kiss her, Niklaus appeared, making Rebekah go away.

"I have nothing going on between us. I swear it, on my life." Marcellus said

"Your life means something to me. Give me the privilege of honesty or that will cease to be the case."

"I like her and I think it's mutual, but I haven't done anything about it and I wouldn't."

"And you won't. I love my sister but she lacks fortune when it comes to men. They came and go for her but I am the constant. She is my family."

"You said I was family. I begged you for you to turn me into a vampire"

"And I told you I will turn you when you're ready. Go near Rebekah again and you'll never be." Klaus said.

While Niklaus was talking with Marcellus, Rebekah was talking to Caroline about what had happened.

"I can't believe that Nik is so selfish that doesn't let me be happy with Marcellus."

"Nik is not selfish. He is probably just afraid of what might happen if something happens between you and him. I mean, he sees Marcellus as his own son and he probably is not comfortable with you having a relationship with Marcellus because for Nik, you two are aunt and nephew." Caroline said, trying to make Rebekah less upset with her brother.

"Nik is just upset that he has to share Marcellus with me and is afraid of us leaving him, because that's all he cares about. He just cares about himself."

"Bekah, you know better than everyone how Nik always felt unloved. He is just afraid of being alone."

"But how can he believe that he is not loved, when we all start to live a life on the run since we turned? Specially me, from all his siblings, I was the only one who stand by his side, even after he daggered me." Rebekah said in tears.

"I know, but he just can't see that. He believes that we are afraid of him and because of that we stayed with him. He doesn't believe in our love for him. I don't know why, but he doesn't." Caroline said and Rebekah nodded.

"I think you are the only one who always sees the good of Nik. Sometimes, I start to wonder if there is really any good left or if it's just a memory of him, but you...? I never saw you doubt him, not even once."

"Well, I do believe everyone has a good side, some of us just show it more than others." Caroline said with a small smile.