Chapter 23

"Now what" Grover asked
Annabeth looked confused.
"May the force be with you?" She asked "off with her head? What's next 'just your friendly neighborhood demigod!'"
"That's not bad wise girl." I said
She sighed
"Why do I even say anything?"
I had an idea.
I found an office where I found about ten drachma and two hundred mortal dollars. I also found a box and package sticker that read.
'Hermes express mail service.'
I put the head in and taped the box. On it I wrote
Gods of Olympus 600th floor of the Empire State Building.
"That won't like this" Grover said
"They'll live" I said

We made our way back to national city and found a train headed west the farthest we could go was Denver. So we hopped on and tried to relax.
"Could I see some of those weapons?" Annabeth asked
"Yeah"
I pulled out my gloves and bar first to show her.
"Want to try them?" I asked
"Sure"
She put the gloves on.
"They don't fit" she said
"Just wait."
Two seconds later the gloves fit to her hand.
"Tap once to activate tap again to get it to your hand. Tap your thumb index finger and middle finger for the stars."
I looked at her. Her eyes glistened and her hair stuck up in some places giving her a more wild look. I smiled.
"Press the button on this side" I showed her on the bar. "To extend it. The longer you hold the farther it will go. Press this one to put it back to normal."
"This is awesome"
I debated telling them about Bruce and I being batman and robin but I realized I didn't want them in danger. More than being a demigod and satyr already put you in.
I turned to face the aisle when Annabeth looked up catching me looking at her.
I saw someone I recognized.
I snuck to her seat and put my hand on her shoulder. She jumped and twisted my arm.
"Ow" I groaned
"Oh my gosh Percy I'm so sorry."
"Your good I should have known not to startle you" I said "sorry Barbara"
"What are you up to?" She asked "and where's Bruce"
"Well its complicated" I said "how are you and Dick?"
"What he wouldn't tell you" she raised an eyebrow
"I'll take that as a 'we're amazing thanks for asking Percy'" I said
The train suddenly stopped throwing me forward.
"I have a bomb" a mom over the intercom said "you will put all your valuables in the bag my associates are coming around with."
"Don't follow me." Barbara said and she ran off
One minute later batgirl or Barbara Gordon ran towards the front.
I grabbed my gloves from Annabeth and put my mask on to cover my face. And followed after her.
"Percy!" Grover shouted after me
"I told you to stay" when I caught up to her
"You can't have All the fun" I stuck my tongue out at her.
"Lets disarm the bomb" she said she looked at me. "Close your right hand and hit it into your left."
I did. In five seconds a uniform covered me. It looked like my normal one but newer.
"Cool"
We sprinted forward until we came across three men.
"I'll take left" I said
"I've got middle."
It took me a few second to take him out.
"Percy?!" Annabeth yelled
"Um batgirl could you take care of that?"
"I've got it you take care of the bomb." She paused "you know how to right?"
"Duh"
I ran towards the front.
"Percy do you copy?" Barbara asked through the head set.
"I copy"
"Your friend is awesome"
"I know"
I heard a scuffle in the conductors room.
I tapped my hand and extend the bar to about the size of riptide and held it by the end like it was a sword. I hit another button and blades sprung out but I decided it to use them so I put them in.
The door was locked and I didn't have my belt so I couldn't pick the lock. I put the bar near It.
Crack
The lock fell off.
The man I took care of easily. The bomb was another matter. I pulled off the cover to the wires.
"Barbara you need to see this" I said
One minute later she appeared.
"What"
I tilted the bomb so she could see.
Nice job! I look forward to seeing more of you and the kid.
"It was meant for you" I said
"Yeah the note was" she said "the bomb was meant to test us."