Loses and rules

Draco's POV (Just tell me if you get bored with Draco's POV)

I'm with Harry, forever now. It seems insane, engaged at 16. Its the Christmas holidays and me and Harry and I are headed to the Manor. This is the first "official" time my parents are meeting him, and I'm not sure how they feel about Harry, as they never replied to any of my letters. The train compartment is cozy and warm, then again, having a sleeping Harry in your lap would make anything nice.

I gaze at his sleeping face. It looks so sweet and innocent, just like it should. His face always seems to have a fierce or stern look to it.

I was snapped out of my thoughts as a loud crash sounded from the trains corridors. I carefully set Harry down to investigate. My wings are out before I reach the door. I open it with caution, scanning the hall. Out of the corner of my eye I see none other than Cedric Diggory.

"Hello, Malfoy." he said, a stupid grin on his face. "Seen Harry? I've figured out what to do about the egg."

The brat! I've made my feeling about Harry being a champion! I nearly had a break down during the first round! I mean people DIE in these things... die.

"I obviously have," I reply, suspicion strongly in my tone. "Why do you want to see him?"

He looks both relived and threatened. Good.

"Look, I just want him to know about the first task..." his voice trailed off in a kind of week and submissive way. "I don't want my friend dying."

I chuckle, and let my wings in. "Hey, any friend of Harry's is a friend of mine, come on in, he'll probably wake up soon." he smiled at the invitation and walked passed my gesturing arm into the compartment.

He attempts to sit next to Harry's sleeping form, but that is completely out of bounds. I growl slightly in warning, he gets the message and settles to sit across from him. His eyes linger a bit on Harry. "He's a real prize." his grin flattered as he realized what he had said. But, I was in agreement.

"He really is." I say, grabbing him and setting him safely into my lap. Just because I didn't act on his words, it doesn't mean I didn't hear them, or that I'm not a little threatened by his strikingly handsome features.

I make sure Harry's ring is visible.

"Is that an... engagement ring?" he said his voice coloring in surprise and hurt.

Harry rustles a bit in my arms before waking up. "Hi Drakey." He says sleepily. I grin, he only calls me that in privet, and this is not in privet. The look on Cedric's face is priceless. Harry looks to see why I haven't greeted him back and his face goes red. My wings are out in a second so he could hide behind them. I've learnt recently that if your mate needs your wings out, they're out.

"Oh, h-ey, Cedric." he saysy from behind my wings. I lean down and whisper to him "good after noon, love."

He giggles and shoves my face away. "oh shut up!"

I chuckle. "Harry, I believe Diggory came here to chat with you." I say, my voice hardening saying his name.

"yeah, about that, I was wondering if I'd be allowed to speak to him alone?" he asked shyly, I was about to deny his request before Harry interrupted. "I do not need permission to speak to my friends in privet. Draco, please go for a bit, and please don't complain." I give him a sour face.

"And don't give my that look! I can take care of myself goddanmit!" I sulk out of the room.

Harrys POV

"What's up Ced?"

"Nothing much, I figured out the egg." he said after Draco left the room.

"Really? How?" I say, very eagerly.