Imprinting

(Right, I need suggestions for another chapter... after this one, idk where I should bring this story, and I would love suggestions!)

Draco's POV

It's been a... full week. First thing first was dealing with the little rat, Ginny. Don't get me wrong, she's a great girl, but she's also a manipulative, slimy chit, and I don't have time to let her try and take Harry again. So, I did what every Veela should do. I killed her. Kidding, kidding, I just got her ass expelled. Her mother Molly, an amazing woman... I'm surprised her kids are such asshats, is furious with her.

Ron has lightened up, and actually is starting to like me. It's great because now I can sit with Harry at the Gryffindor table. It was all bliss, especially sense the Yule ball was coming up. The other schools are here as well.

I catch sight of my cousin Fleur, and ran over towards her. We chat for a while and I learn she found her mate as well. He's a Weasley, Bill. He's a nice boy, and if it weren't for the gruesome scars cutting across his face, he would be really handsome.

We chat for a while, mostly about our mates. It's nice to speak to another Veela. Everything stopped and my head snapped up, my eyes turned a bright crimson red and focus on first the great hall doors, which was now pouring students from the other schools, then scan he crowd until they lock on Harry. I leap and soar above everyone, and land directly next to him.

I don't know what triggered this until I quickly analyze our surroundings. He is in a deep conversation with a girl... no doubt a Veela as well. She is just about to lean her head inward before I shove her out of the way and pull Harry behind my back. My wings spread to cover him from her view. She got up and glared daggers at me. I saw it in her eyes, she imprinted on Harry. Imprinting is what happens if your true mate dies before you find them. After their death, you find your closest living match, and if they have a mate.....

"I'll only tell you once, back off." I sneer.

"Ha! And what are you going to do about it, huh? He's MINE," she screeched and leaped over me, and before I could react, she had Harry in her arms, and started flying upwards. I took off after her, noting the cruses and yells of our fellow students.

"I warned you once... so I'll demand it this time, GIVE HIM BACK!"

"You want him....? Come and get him... I dare you!" She snickered and fly Harry to a chandelier and put I'm down carefully.

I take this as a chance to plunge forwards, hitting her to the ground and getting the best leverage I could in this fight. She leaped back up and started throwing punches at me. She clearly had forgotten she's a wizard cross. I whip out my wand and yell "CURCIO!" To this she falls to the floor, screaming in pain. There's no way she's gonna keep fighting after that.

I flew as quickly as I could to Harry, who I found watching the scene in horror. "Harry? A-are you okay?" I panted, picking him up and hovering back down into the crowd.

"I-I'm f-fine," he said, teeth chattering. He felt cold, like ice.

Without waiting another second I ran as fast as I could to the infirmary and demand he be healed.

(To be continued)