Chapter 7: Rise Up

Start from the beginning

"Ry see me rolling he hating!"

Wait why am I running from her? I can flip her outta that wheelchair faster than she can run over me. I turn in her direction and take a few steps toward her.

"Ry what are you doing? Help somebody come get him he tryna hurt the cripple!"

Jaida attempts to roll in peace, but she started this war game. I catch up to her and pick up the whole thing.

"Say I'm sorry."

"Put me down!"

"Say I'm sorry."

"Why didn't they put a seat belt on this thing! I sure could use one right now!"

"Jaida!"

"Alright. Alright Ry. I'm sorry now can you put me down!"

"Gladly. I thought about dropping you, but I'd rather you fall for me."

"That's so cheesy now gimme my ice pack."

I smile and I give her the ice pack.

"Where's my snacks?!"

I jog back to the waiting room and grab the remainder of her snacks. I notice her Kit Kat and Sprite is missing. Who finna look for her missing snacks? I ain't finna be the one to look for them. On my dead granddad grave I ain't. I hand her the remaining snacks.

"I specifically asked for a Kit Kat and Sprite. Out of all the snacks I emphasized on those two specific items."

I try to take her serious, but it's kinda hard when she going off over some snacks. I guess it's true you're not you when you're hungry.

"Had you been still in the waiting room when I got them you would have them."

"How do you expect me not to go after my friend? She's fighting for her life what part of that do you not understand. Oh my god."

"You right. I tell you what I'll buy you a whole package of king-sized Kit Kats and a whole case of Sprite."

"That's a start. Now take me to the waiting room so I can get my discharge papers."

We both start laughing she laughs so hard she snorts. I roll her back to the waiting to make sure we didn't leave anything behind.

"Nurse. Nurse."

"Ry hide me behind the plants."

I roll her behind the plants. The doctor still came over there to Jaida.

"Nurse? Wait a minute you're the one that was running after your friend earlier aren't you?"

"Sure am. Now if you're here to take me to jail lemme get a lawyer right quick."

"Arrest you?"

The doctor throws his head back and chuckles. He wipes a tear from his eye.

"Now that's a good one. Citizen's arrest. No I came to give you some praise.

La'Toya
I see a bright light and my favorite aunt is beckoning me to come forth. I fill a light tug holding me back.

"She's allergic to latex."

I'm wondering if that's Jaida. Why would she back in the operation room? Unless she snuck in. Turn up that's my best friend. Go best friend!

"La'Toya you're a strong one. Come on you got this! Don't leave! We have done all that we can do. Now it's left up to you."

She's right what am I doing? I love y'all, but it'd be selfish to go. I can't leave just yet I got people who need me! Alright Jaida imma try to fight back.