•22 - Jealousy & Envy•

This is the chapter that was originally supposed to be chapter 20. The following flashback was inspired by a couple of scenes from the movie Jacked Up starring the one and only Bizzy Bone (final scene in the MM). Enjoy !!

*Flashback- Summer 1991*

'I don't even know why they put us on the same team,' nine year old Janeé complained to Bryon as she sat on the couch and Bryon sat at the table behind her, 'I feel like you gone let them get me!'

'Man shut up, Janeé, I ain't gone let them get you!'

'Yeah, why you trippin', Janeé?'

'You stay out of this, Adrian!'

The kids were running around, hitting each other with water balloons. Janeé, Bryon, his cousin Adrian, Steven, Mila and Lauren were up against Eric, Aaliyah, Charles, Ashanti, Stanley and Selena.

'Ha! Got y'all, now!'

Janeé and Bryon looked and saw Eric and Charles standing by the sliding doors with balloons in their hands.

'...bye Felicia!' Bryon flew behind the couch.

'BRYON!!' Janeé screamed as Eric and Charles bombarded her with water balloons.

Adrian took off running into the bathroom.

'Ha ha ha ha!'

Eric and Charles high-fived each other before running off.

Bryon popped up from behind the couch.

'Hahaha-'

SPLASH!

Aaliyah came from around the corner and hit him with a water balloon and disappeared. Bryon lowered his eyelids.

'Haha back to you!' Janeé laughed at him. 'I told you that you was gone let them hit me!'

'My bad, it was a reaction! But where Adrian go?'

'His butt ran to the bathroom!'

The two went to the bathroom and kicked the door open. Adrian jumped. He looked at Bryon and Janeé, who was soaked with water, their hair beginning to frizz.

'Awh, my bad y'all, i-i was d-doo-dooin, I couldn't hold it and-'

Bryon and Janeé lowered their eyelids at him and raised an eyebrow.

"Janeé and I was gone help you, I swear I was, but-" Bryon cut him off.

'Bro, you was doo-dooin, really?'

'Yeah, i-'

'Man you ain't got no love for us.'

He and Janeé took some water balloons and threw them at Adrian, who slipped and fell on the floor.

'And we ain't got no love for yo butt, either,' Janeé said.

The two laughed at Adrian as he sat in the bathroom, soaked and annoyed. The two frenemies high-fived each other and walked out.

Janeé let out a small giggle as she thought about all the silly memories she and Bryon had as kids.

"What's funny, boo?" Bryon asked.

"Nothing, just thinking about the time we had that water balloon fight years ago."

"Awh," Bryon chuckled, "they soaked the hell outta yo ass."