•3 - Old Flames•

Aaliyah was in the mood for ice cream, so she headed up to Baskin Robbins. When she arrived, she ordered her dessert and sat down at a table to begin eating. She happened to notice someone sit down to join her at the table.

"Elgin?" She raised an eyebrow and set her spoon in the bowl.

"In the flesh, so how you been Baby Girl?" he asked her while flashing a smile.

"I've been better, just moving on with my life and things. What about you?"

"Doing much better now that I've seen you."

Aaliyah took a bite of her ice cream, "Elgin, please don't start with me. You already had your chance and you messed that up by cheating on me."

Elgin sighed, "Aaliyah, that was so long ago, besides I didn't know what I was doing, baby I swear."

Aaliyah scoffed, "See, that's what they all say. But every time a woman let's a man back into her life, he messes up all over again!" she said as she placed the lid on her ice cream cup, "You know how the saying goes, 'if he cheats on you once, he'll do it again'. I'm sorry Elgin, but I refuse to let you hurt me again."

Aaliyah got up and left Elgin at the table looking crushed and hurt as she walked outside of the ice cream parlor. As she made her way home, the first person she thought about was Eric. She didn't know why he was running through her mind lately. She came to a red light, and just visioned herself in Eric's arms, her hands running up and down his smooth brown skin, her lips pressed against his. The thought of Eric altogether just made her weak. As soon as the light turned green, Aaliyah made up her mind and decided she was going to pay him a visit.

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK!

Aaliyah stood in front of Eric's door and patiently waited. She knocked a second time, and the door opened. There stood a female who she didn't recognize. Aaliyah practically knew his whole family, so she knew this chick wasn't related to him in any way. The girl was thick, brown skinned and had long blonde hair. If you asked Aaliyah, she could tell you that in her honest opinion, that Tomica girl from the party looked ten times better than this chick.

"Hi, umm, is Eric home?" she asked

"And who is you?" the girl asked Aaliyah, looking her up and down.

Aaliyah raised an eyebrow, "I'm one of Eric's good friends. Is he here?"

"Nah, he ain't here, what you want with my man, anyway?!"

All of a sudden, Aaliyah heard the sound of Eric's voice.

"Kim! Who that is at the door?" he walked up to the door and noticed Aaliyah standing there at his doorstep.

Aaliyah turned around and went back to the car. She heard Eric calling her name but she didn't turn back. She felt like such a fool for even wasting her time. She didn't know why she even bothered to come see him. A tear slipped from her eye, but she pulled it together. She didn't know why she was so upset with him. Aaliyah decided not to waste anymore tears on Eric. She eventually shook those feelings off and went back home.

•×•×•×•×•

"Girl, guess who I ran into today?" Aaliyah was in her room talking to her cousin, Ciara.

"Who?" Ciara asked, taking a bite of her pickle.

"Girl, Elgin!"

"For real?"

"Yes, we were at Baskin Robbins and he had the nerve to approach me."

"What did he say to you?"

"Basically just asking me how I was doing and telling me how he wanted to get back with me and stuff. And I said 'sorry, no can do'."

"Well if he would have never cheated, you'd still be with him and not Eric."

Aaliyah cut her eyes at Ciara.

"Speaking of which, so I go to his house to pay him a visit, right? And right when I knock on the door, and this chick answers the door with an attitude talkin  bout 'why is you here and what you want with my man?' "

"Is this the chick you saw at the party?"

"Hell no, this bitch was busted! The chick at the party was his ex Tomica, and she look 100 times better!"

"What she look like?"

"She was brown skinned, blonde hair, big ass forehead-"

Ciara instantly knew who she was taking about at the mention of blonde hair and big ass forehead, "Wait, you talking about Kim Kenner?!"

"Yeah I think I heard Eric address her as Kim."

"She and I go to the same school, I don't like that bitch, she's known as the school hoe. She got her own little clique and I guess they call themselves H.W.A- Hoes With Attitudes."

"Yeah well that hoe had a huge attitude when I came by to see Eric."

"She was pregnant by that nigga Eric and aborted his baby."

"Yeah I heard rumors that he got some chick pregnant but I didn't know it was her."

"Have you talked to Eric about the situation?"

"No, he's tried to call me, but I'm not ready to talk to him at this point."

"Liyah, you like him, don't you?"

"No, why does everybody think I like that man?"

"Because, the way you act when you're around him, plus I can tell this whole situation is bothering you, and you're not even trying to talk to him and hear him out."

"Ci Ci, I'm fine, I promise."

"If I hadn't known any better, I would say you and Bryon is related."

"Why you say that?"

"Cause both y'all niggas is stubborn."

"Bryon may be stubborn, but I'm not."

"Girl, please! Bryon knows he likes Janeé and you know you like Eric."

Aaliyah really couldn't say much else, because she knew her cousin was right. She did in fact like Eric, but if he was going to keep sleeping with random females and trying to light old flames, then she had no other choice but to look at other options...

I'm sooooooooo sorry I'm running late on the chapter, y'all !!! I been working a full 10 hr shift and just got back from the store !! But here's chapter 3, I hope you all enjoy, I may be nice and post an extra chapter tomorrow or Tuesday in honor of Aaliyah's birthday (1/16) . But vote, comment and I'll keep posting !!

P Nut Has Spoken ...