Chapter 1: The mysterious girl

Hiro's POV

"Wake up." I hear a distant voice saying. "Hiro, you are going to be late."

I open my eyes a little to see a blur of yellow. "5 more minutes." I change my position as I pull the sheets to cover my head.

I hear a sigh. Suddenly, I feel the sheets being pulled mercilessly. "Hiro!"

"GORO!" I yell as I sit. He was smirking while displaying proudly the sheets in his hands. "What was that for?!"

"You are going to be late to breakfast."

"But it's Sunday." I reply, frustrated.

Goro looks at me, incredulous. "It's Monday."

"What?" I pick up my phone. And it was indeed Monday. 7:54 was the time.

"Damn it!" I quickly get up and start dressing. I make a death glare to Goro. "Why didn't you wake me up sooner?"

"I have been trying to wake you up for the past 5 minutes. You sleep like a baby; it was impossible to get you awake."

He was not the first person to tell me that.

Minutes later I was done. I look at Goro. "Let's go."

"Finally." He says as he fixes his glasses.

We exit the room and we start walking to the cafeteria.

Once we got there, we make our way to our usual table, our friends already there.

"Hello." I greet as I sit between Goro and Zorome.

"Hello." They say. "You two are unusually late." Ichigo comments as she makes a small smile and takes a sip of her tea.

"We would be on time if the Sleeping Beauty didn't take so long to wake up." Goro says with a smirk while cutting his bread.

"I had a hard time to sleep last night okay? And sleep feels so good." I defend myself.

They laugh with what I said and I start eating too.

This was the cafeteria of the Franxx High School. This table was the one that usually me, Goro, Zorome, Futoshi, Mitsuru, Ichigo, Miku, Kokoro, Ikuno sit. We have been friends since our first year in this school and we are very close. Goro is my roommate since this is an intern school. He is like a brother to me. He is always by my side and we know that we can count with each other.

"You're going to get it all dirty!" Miku yells.

"No I won't!" Zorome replies while fulminating her.

He was putting honey on his pancakes and he was really messing there. The plate was all sticky.

"See? I told you." Miku says with a triumphant smile.

Zorome makes an interjection and continues eating with an upset face. It's so obvious that they like each other. But they don't seem to notice. We don't say anything because we like to see them arguing like a married couple.

"Did you heard the news?" Ichigo asks.

"What news?" I look at her.

"We will be receiving a new student today and she will be in our class. I don't know her name though." Ichigo is the class representative so she knows basically everything that has to do with our class.

"I wonder how she is like." Kokoro says.

"And I wonder why she would go to this school in the middle of the year." Mitsuru tells.

"It's strange indeed." Ikuno intervenes.

"The reason doesn't matter. We only have to make sure that she will feel welcomed here." Ichigo says.

A new student, huh?

"Well we should start going if we don't to be late for the first class." Ichigo says and stands up, the other girls following her. We, the boys, get up too.

"I don't want to have math now." Zorome unburdens. "It should be forbidden to have classes in the morning. I am too sleepy to think."

"You are lazy that's all." Miku says. They start arguing again with us laughing.

I suddenly remember that I had forgotten my student ID in my room. Our student ID is the card that allows us to go anywhere we want in the school depending on the year we are. If we are older, we have access to more areas of the school.

"Guys," I call and they look at me. "I forgot my ID in my room so I will be right back."

"Okay. See if you don't fall asleep." Goro warns and I laugh. I turn around and start half walking, half running.

I was in the middle of the hall when I notice a girl walking in front of me. I frown. Each floor corresponded to only girls or only boys and this was only for boys. Girls aren't supposed to be here.

I approach her. "Hm... Hey..." I call her.

She stops and turns around. My eyes widen at the sight of her. She was the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. She has long, pink hair and green eyes. But that wasn't what caught my attention. A little above her forehead she was wearing a white headband with two little red horns coming out from it. She was wearing the school uniform too.

I gulp. "Is something wrong?" She asks.

"W-Well," Why am I stuttering? "Hm... Girls aren't allowed in this floor."

"Oh is that so? That's too bad." She sighs and looks at the window in the final of the hall. She looks at me again in the eyes. I gulp again and my heartbeat increases a bit. Her gaze was intense and I could feel myself sweating. What's wrong with me?

"And what's your name?" She asks leaning her face very close to mine and putting a finger under my chin.

"H-Hiro."

She steps away. "Hiro." She licks her lips as if tasting it. "I like it."

"And yours?"

"My name?" She smiles. And that smile made me blush a bit. "My name's Zero Two."

Hey guys,

So this is the first chapter and I hope you enjoyed it. I would love to hear your thoughts about it.

Xau!