Chpt 24

1 week later

Cameron's POV
I woke up in Anthony's arms, which was shocking because I went to bed without him for the past 5 nights.
I sit up and sigh. Anthony wakes up slowly. "Where the fuck have you been?" I ask, anger filling me.
"I need some air." I say before he can answer. He wasn't going to anyway. I walk out of the apartment building and to Jazzy and Lin's apartment.
I knock on the door to be greeted by a tired-looking Lin. "How late did you stay up last night?" I ask.
"Late enough." He shoots back before I glare at him.
He throws his hands up in defense before letting me in. "What's up?" He asks.
"Is Jazzy up?" I ask avoiding the question.
He nods his head slowly. "In the shower." He mutters before taking a drink of his coffee.
"Okay can I use your phone? I left mine at the apartment." I say. He nods handing me his phone.
I pull up Pippa's number and call it. "Hey Pip. Girls day needed. Call Renee. Thanks love you. Bye." I say.
I hand Lin his phone back before sighing and falling onto their couch. "Anthony keeps coming home late. I tried to stay up for him last night but I went to bed at 2. He still wasn't home." I sigh, holding back tears.
I hear footsteps from the hallway and sit up. "Hey Jazz can we have a girls day. Pip, Renee, you and me?" I ask. She nods excitedly.
"Spa then shopping!!!" She squeals.
"Thank you and much needed." I smile. There's a knock on the door and Renee and Pip come in fully ready.
         "Whoa, hold up. I still gotta go home and change." I say.
  "And face Anthony? Just borrow some of Jazz's." Lin says. I nod. The girls just stand there and look confused.
        "Yeah you can borrow some of my clothes!" Jazzy smiles. We walk upstairs and she hands me a striped tee shirt, a blue and red plaid flannel and black jeans. I smile and thank her, then she leaves and I change. (Pic above)
         "Let's get out of here." Jazzy smiles walking towards her and Lin's black Jeep Cherokee. I climb in the backseat with Pip and Renee sits in the front with Jazzy. We have a few conversations but then sit in a comfortable silence.
         "We're here!" Jazz squeals. I smile at her excitement.
We walk inside and get our nails done. I decide on a nude color and the lady does my nails while the other girls and I talk.

     "So Anthony keeps coming home really late at night and I'm afraid what's going on

"So Anthony keeps coming home really late at night and I'm afraid what's going on." I say. They nod their heads and smile sympathetically.
"I don't know what to say other than maybe wait it out? Talk to him about it, see what he says." Pippa says.
They other girls nod and I think them.

Time skip to shopping

"I think I'm gonna try this on!" I smile. They nod their heads and I make my way to the dressing rooms. There's a shady guy standing right by the only open room.
I can wait. I guess. I start to walk back to the girls but the guy grasps my arm. "There's an open room hun." He says. I gulp.
He pulls me in there and starts to suck on my neck. I thrash around trying to get out of his grasp. He put his hand over my mouth so I couldn't call for help. He started to unbutton my pants. That's when the door came crashing down and in came my hero, Daveed Diggs. The guy broke apart from me and I ran into Daveed's arms.
"What just happened?" A worker said.
"H-he t-tried t-to -r-rape me." I stutter.
Daveed's arms tighten around me as I sob into his his chest. This was the second time this has happened. It was sick that people would do something like that.
"Let's get you home." He whispers gently. I was fragile at the moment, like I could break at any given second.
I nod my head as he picks me up bridal style. I sob harder but this time moving my head to be nuzzled into his neck.
I loved Daveed, but, as a friend. Anthony was the only one. But, if he were to cheat on me, I don't know what I'd do.
Daveed lays me in a the passenger seat, I'm still shaking and sobbing. "Do you need me to call Anthony?" He asks.
     I shake my head. "J-just t-take m-me h-home." I stutter. He nods and drives toward my apartment. He pulls in the driveway and stops the car only to come around and pick me up.
     We walked inside the apartment and, big surprise, Anthony wasn't home. "C-can y-you s-stay w-with m-me 'till h-he c-comes b-back? P-please?" I ask.
     He nods. "Ima call 'im up though." He said. I nodded. They had a conversation while I laid on the couch with my stomach hurting terribly.
     I suddenly felt the urge to throw up. I ran to the bathroom and vomited in the toilet.  "Daveed!" I called. He came running in.
     Anthony soon came in right after him. He must've just got here. "Hey baby girl." He said engulfing me in a hug. I hugged back.
    "Are you cheating on me?" I ask. He looks at me with a mix of shock and anger written on his face.
    "No. I'm recording songs for my album. It'll take my music career up. That's where I've been. Recording songs." He says.
    I hug him tighter. "That's awesome!" I smile.
    "Are you okay?" Daveed asks. Anthony nods his head.
    "He didn't get to do anything because of you so thank you so so much!" I say hugging Daveed. He nods.
    "I-I think I'm okay t-though." I say.
     "We'll get ready 'cause we're going to dinner!" Anthony smiles.

(1012) words.