Chapter 25

Sasuke chuckled at Naruko's playful antics and then stopped himself. He could feel his face heat up.

Wait..what?...

-----------------------------------

Sasuke covered his face and then calmed down.

Who..do I really like..?

Sasuke quickly forgot about the situation and thought about Sakura. Now Naruko was supposed to do two speeches. One as the Hokage, and the other as the grooms best friend. Now normally this would go to a guy but, Sasuke asked her ahead of time. Naruko of course agreed. It was a few minutes before the program started and more people started piling in in their positions, either on the platform or in the seats below the low platform. Naruko was placed on the platform behind Sasuke on the seats, where she was placed next to Sakura's mother and Ino, who were placed next to a bunch of other people. Ino greeted Naruko while being a bit dumbfounded. It has been such a long time since she's seen her best friend's teammate and she had to say that she had grown into a beautiful woman over the years.

Suddenly the bells started ringing. The wedding had begun.

The spokesperson, was Kakashi and introduced himself. He started to begin the wedding by introducing Sasuke and then welcoming Sakura. The front doors opened and Sakura walked down the aisles with her arms interlocked with her fathers, with Itachi and Sarada following behind, plus a few other bridesmaids, which were friends of Sarada's.

As Sakura walked down the aisle, you could notice how her aura changed. She was dressed in a beautiful white gown, decorated with flowers and jewels. She had a white veil on her head and her light pink hair was tied into a bun. It was decorated with hair jewellery and more flowers. Her face was caked in makeup which made her look... a bit.....well, we're not here to judge. Well, you could say that her face would've looked better WITHOUT the makeup. It was her choice.You could hear the guests gasp as she opened her eyes. Those bright emerald eyes which could bewitch any man. Overall, she was the almost perfect figure.

Or so everyone thought.

Naruko felt off and felt a menacing aura around Sakura. It was like a dark aura was using her. She shook the feeling off and tried her best to concentrate on her teammates wedding. Sakura reached the top of the platform and stood in front of Sasuke. The other family members and bridesmaids sat on the chairs of the opposite side of where Naruko was sitting. They were seperated by a huge gap and covered most of the view, was a wooden stand with the rings on a red silk pillow, decorated with white flowers. She looked into Sasuke's eyes and then looked down blushing. For some reason Sasuke just smiled at Sakura and then looked away. Why wasn't he blushing? Wasn't he her wife? Why? Sakura noticed this reaction and frowned.

Naruko just looked at the couple and smiled. She was truly happy for her teammates to get together, but inside her guilt was eating her up and her heart was aching. I guess this was what she got for interfering with her teammates love. Naruko looked up to the ceiling.

I guess this is what it means to be alone.

Naruko sat there staring into space, blocking up what Kakashi was saying. She didn't know what to do. Her feelings were making her doubt all her decisions. Did she do something wrong? Why was she feeling like this? Thoughts clouded her mind, and started to continue to torment Naruko's mind. She then felt a tap on her right shoulder and she whipped her head around and stood up. Her eyes opened wide and looked who was next to her. Ino was confused and was about to laugh. She had her finger in mid air and started to point to Kakashi. Naruko then looked looked at Kakashi and then stared back at Ino. She saw that the couple was no longer standing and were in their designated seats. Kakashi raised his eyebrows. Naruko then quickly took a quick look at the wedding sheet, of how things were going to plan out, and then it hit her.

Oh! The Hokage's speech...

Naruko fake laughed and scratched the back of her head. She walked slowly over to the stand and laughed. The crowd also giggled a little. Even though she was the Hokage, she was a very understanding one.

"Ahem..Today, we are here to celebrate the wedding of my very close teammates. They have been through many hardships together and..." From this point out Naruko had zoned out on what she was saying and her mouth moved on its own. Saying the same old monotone speech like she practiced with Itachi. The speech that didn't mean a thing. The same speech that made her heart ache. Them being together. Painful. Before long that real smile of hers was replaced with a fake smile. Before she knew it the speech ended and there were clapping noises. Naruko snapped out of her thoughts into reality. She smiled at them and then walked back to her seat.

Naruko suddenly saw Tsunade in the crowd giving her a nod. The results were out. Naruko's face recovered from shock and she knew that everything was going to be exposed after the wedding. Either there was nothing to be worried about or the big scandal was up.

I will find out the truth Sakura. What in the world had happened to you..?