Chapter 21

Shikamaru sighed and scratched the back of his head. "What a drag.." Naruko then walked off to the Hokage office with her head hung low.

This was going to be a tough week. 

-------------------------------------------------

Naruko looked out onto Konoha, on the roof of the Hokage building. The wind blew into her face, as her hair tangled with the fabric of her Hokage hat. She had her hands behind her back and then stretched it. It had been such a long time since she's taken a break. Naruko sighed. There was so much paperwork to do.. Suddenly a hand slapped Naruko's back. Naruko turned around and it was 4th the one and only, Lady Tsunade. 

"Yo, brat!" Naruko took her hat off and smiled at Tsunade.

"Hi, Lady Tsunade..Remember that favour that you owe me..?" Tsunade then brought her hand back down and her eyes turned serious.

"Yea..you mentioned it in your letter so I came here as quick as I could..What's up?.."

"Well, I have a few requests for you..Y'know, since you are one of the best medical ninja there is." Tsunade walked up  next to Naruko and looked over Konoha with her. The air was very calming.

"What about Sakura? She's pretty good at medical nin, almost better than me and is my disciple. Plus, she already has the Strength of 100 seal marking, and has already mastered it.." 

"No..Sakura-chan can't know about this.. There is something I have to check beforehand.." Tsunade turned to Naruko. Her face was calm, but unsettling. She had a worried look on her face, that looked like that it had been bothering her for quite some while. Tsunade then sighed and turned to the view of Konoha. 

"Alright, alright.. But after this we're even..But I'm curious, what is your plan and why can't Sakura know about this..?" Naruko's face tensed up and turned her head the opposite direction of Tsunade with a guilty look on her face. Tsunade walked over to the stairs. 

"Once you've finished figuring this all out I'll be in the guest room, to await your request.." And with that Tsunade left. Naruko sighed. Everything was so complicated. She decided to walk around to get fresh. She leapt down off the roof and walked in the streets of Konoha, with her hands behind her back, and her Hokage hat in a firm position, on her head. As she walked on the streets of Konoha, she saw young children running everywhere with smiles on their faces, playing around. It was very nostalgic. Mothers passed by saying their hellos and goodbyes.  Naruko only nodded to them and continued her walk until she unconsciously walked to the Uchiha estate. By now Naruko's mind has been cleared and she knocked on the front door. While she was waiting for someone to answer she looked around the compound. The Uchiha's were very calm people and their estate was a traditional Japanese theme. The compound gave a very demanding aura. Naruko then heard footsteps. The door opened and there was Sakura wearing an apron. Sakura's eyes darkened for a second and then went back to normal.

"Welcome! Why are you here Naruko?"

"Uhh..I'm here to check on Itachi and I need to see Sarada-chan."

"Oh.. They're alright. You don't have to come in.."

"No, I have to check on them. I need Lady Tsunade to conduct a few tests on them. You know, just in case."

"Oh..ok.."

Sakura couldn't complain because Naruko was the hokage and Tsunade was a better medical ninja than her so she wanted to make sure that Naruko couldn't trust her completely, because she noticed Naruko was having doubts. Sakura welcomed Naruko inside the Uchiha compound and shut the door. Naruko took her hat off and hung it on her waist. She entered the room, and saw Sarah and Itachi on the couch talking while Sasuke was in the kitchen attempting to put tomatoes into everything. Sakura rushed over to Sasuke to stop him. Itachi looked up to see who the guest was and saw Naruko. Itachi stood up and walked over to Naruko and hugged her.

"I missed you.."

Naruko blushed furiously and pushed Itachi away quickly and covered her face to hide her blush. This was weird. Since when, did Naruko develop feelings for Itachi? Sasuke looked over to see what was happening and saw Naruko covering her face. He saw her remove her hands and saw a red face and then looked over  to Itachi. His blood boiled and walked over to his elder brother. Itachi saw his little brother with an angry face and smirked. So he did have feelings for her. Itachi brushed what just happened off and calmed Sasuke down. Naruko then remembered what she was here for and turned to Itachi.

"You need to come with me along with Sarada. I'll explain later so hurry."

Itachi looked surprised but then followed Naruko while calling Sarada to follow him. Naruko nodded her head at Sasuke and Sakura to bid them farewell and then left the compound with the two Uchiha's following her.

Naruko was going to find out the truth no matter what it took.